cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

more odd behavior

ptc-5493477
1-Newbie

more odd behavior

when opening a much used and frequently saved assembly, today an item is highlited dark green in both the model and model tree. I would think that this means that something is amiss, but am at a loss as to what.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the error? Creo 2.0......
Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12

Image please

Never seen green highlight other than selection highlighting.

oh crud! the pasted image didn't get through.

I've since tried the old three finger salute and now the component in the model tree is no longer green, nor is the component. It changed from green to red, but I can live with that.

Our default highlight color is light blue, and in this case the color for both the component and model tree was dark green.

Thanks for your time and attention. Will re-post when it happens again.

By the way, how does one post images? I used the snipping tool and just ctrl-v in the window here.

Thanks!

You have to save the image locally and use the camera button in the reply UI and navigate to the saved image. You can also link to web images as an option.

You could be dealing with a graphic artifact. Wouldn't be the 1st time

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5493477)

I have only seen the dark green highlight when using the FIND command in the model tree.

green-highlight.jpg

Now you got me... never seen this. It suggests some sort of analysis or model check function going on.

Okay, yes, model tree search does this.

Did you maybe save a model tree config where this search is active by default?

it is very strange, but strange and bizarre seems to be normal for Creo.

Nope, no saved searches.

This change happened as I opened the assembly this morning.

Colors had also changed on several other components.

A change in color I can live with (but WHY???). A strange highlight in the model tree fills me with wonder and doubt.

Computer is turned off at the end of each day. No one was here this weekend to modify and even if they had been here, wouldn't have been messing about with my project.

I know believe Creo does some things really well, (else I'd have to think that everyone who pays for it is crazy and I don't think that. )

However, I have yet to discover what.

Time to involve customer service

Hi Jim,

You wrote earlier that the wrong color was gone after rebooting (or changed to red, which is the normal color in model tree for failed features). This would mean wrong color was not applied, but color was incorrectly displayed.

Temporarily wrong colors, have been a well known issue with graphics in the past, for example caused by conflicting color mapping between multiple applications or when the graphics board ran out of bitmaps (memory). Also temporary issues due to heat or permanent issues due to defects could have those symptoms.

During recent years those issues became significantly less frequent (as boards became much more potent and heat control refined), but still may appear occasionally.

You can make an easy test and launch Creo with the config.pro option graphics win32_gdi. If the graphics issues are gone, then it is most likely your graphics board or the driver (defect or not a recommendable model/version). If the issue persists and only with Creo, then diagnosis is not so easy and involving PTC Technical Support is probably the logical next step.

Gunter

Jim,

I saw you found the answer yourself and posted it to another Thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/55950?tstart=0

Surprise, surprise!

No bug and no graphics issue, just functionality of Search...

Gunter,

No, it was not the solution in my case. I had JUST started Creo and the model came in as I described it. I had not done a search on this model, ever. Actually, I find that "feature" rather hit or miss and rarely use it.

The solution was to re-start the machine.

When I opened the file after the re-start, neither the tree nor the model were highlited, but the color of the model was changed from the way it had been saved the day before (and several times before that). Several other components had changed color also.

The red color was NOT in the model tree, but rather the component, which in fact I had saved initially as green. The component is an assembly and only one part of the assembly changed to red. The others reverted to green.

I will admit that I hadn't thought to hit the incredibly small 'x' to dismiss a command I had not invoked, so I don't really know for an absolute fact that it would or would not have worked. I did know that if the find tool is used, that is how to restore normal appearance.

Thank you for clarifying this! So there is still something else out there...

But anyway, your experience with this issue helped Dough in the other thread a lot!

Gunter

Top Tags