cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

multiple parent Assembly's with common subassy and mechanism joint

kmanes
5-Regular Member

multiple parent Assembly's with common subassy and mechanism joint

So I have a damper subassembly, one for the rh side and another for the lh side, each used in three separate parent axle assemblies.. I Constrain with a mechanism pin for the the first asm (axle 1) which generates an external reference. After placing in the axle 1 asm I can't get a constraint to axle 2 and 3 asm since there is an external ref for that joint already. 

It seems like I could make a family table and use duplicate, independent child asm's for the #2 and #3 placement, but I haven't been able to figure out what column to put in the table to get each child to be isolated from the initial externally referenced constraint. i.e. it is still the original problem. I am loathe to make duplicate independent files that need to be updated one at a time. Got any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
kmanes
5-Regular Member
(To:kmanes)

The attached shows a scheme that works around the external link problem.  Better is make a family table of the top asm, and then there's no "duplicate" external links required.  I someone could tell me how the "switch external references to instances" is supposed to work, that be great.  Good Talk

kmanes
5-Regular Member
(To:kmanes)

zip file posted here

Finally figured it out.

Top Tags