cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

offset sketch bug still there in creo 2.0 M030

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

offset sketch bug still there in creo 2.0 M030

just checked the offset sketch bug in creo 2.0 is still there in M030 also. below is the picture..as you can see it does not highlight the chain. could somebody please show it to Creo developers.offset+sketch.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
18 REPLIES 18

You have to select 2 edges, and then you can toggle through the solutions with the "next" option. Accept and you will get annoying message telling you the endpoints of the chain are coincident and asks if you want to convert them to a loop. I don't really get that one.

Of course, you can always select the loop too.

Yep, Creo 2.0 M030.

HI,

the issue is only when selecting sketch entity..with edges the option works fine.

Rohit,

I can reproduce the problem. I add some details for other users.

1.]

The problem is related ONLY to highlighting current variant of offset, when user selects two sketched entities.

When user selects two sketched entities -> Creo does not offer variant no.1.

When user clicks Next -> Creo does not offer variant no.2.

2.]

When user clicks Accept -> Creo is able to create offset entities, but user cannot choose the right variant.

3.]

The problem will not show when user selects two edges.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

thanks Martin...that's correct. The issue is only with sketch entity selection. I just want that it is rectified.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was able to offset lines from a sketch if it was a -previous- sketch with all the appropriate highlighting.

When I tried offsetting the edges in the current sketch, the highlighting fails... but the offset for both loop and the second variant of the chain works.

Pretty annoying indeed Have you reported this (again) Rohit?

no i have not reported this as i do not have access to that....but if you could report it..it would be very kind of you.

thanx.

I just checked the update advisor and it isn't working. I'm curious if it was reported before. It helps to have references.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/update_advisor/update_advisor.jsp

i do not have maintenance currently thus cannot use that update advisor...its funny...to show them a problem in there software...i have to have a current maintennace..otherwise that bug is unreported unless offcourse someone else discovers it.

The advisor is up this morning and I cannot find the keyword loop or chain so it likely didn't make the SPR list.

I am sure it has more issues than just the offset when using loop or chain in a sketch. I am pretty sure I have already run into this before because I hate using the feature. Now I know why.

I will work with it an make a good case. M040 should be out soon so I might have to wait to test it there.

after creo 1.0, creo 2.0 is much better....with less bugs i guess...but it is for the first time that i have seen soo many bugs...the quality has gone down...they have to seriuosly look at that.

i hope most of the bugs are attended....and i think they should also have a look at this community page...b'coz we do discuss the bugs here also.

Give this a few minutes but this is the video I will submit to CS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z82pZWCKLo

I am also uploading it to the incoming FTP at PTC. It says it will take 2 hours

not able see the video...it is private it says.

Sorry, I thought private let you view it with a link. I changed it to unpublished so the link should now work. Let me know.

thanx

yeah i think the videos explains the bug.

This is a comment in general: I find AutoCAD's 2D sketching abilities FAR exceeds what you can do in Pro/E, ESPECIALLY in drawing mode. It's gotten a LITTLE better (emphasis on "little"), but still lags far behind. Why did it take so long to get polygons (AutoCAD had them in the late '80's)? Why can't we create polylines (from a combination of lines, arce, and/or splines)and offset them in sketcher? We can offset edges or chains in sketcher from geometry that already exists in a previous feature, but why can't we do it in sketcher itself? I mean, eventually you can get the sketch you need, but it is such a pain to do it. Having a competent 2D sketcher would be a trmendous timesaver. Also, we need the ability to import geometry (from dwg or a DXF) and be able to import it as a "block", like A/C. where we can scale the block as a whole, and not have ot try and establish constraints. Trying to do logo's (for extrusions or even datum curves) in sketcher is a total nightmare.

Too true, even tho AutoCAD isn't the best for curve editing out there.

It's just too bad, PTC will have to go long ways to accomplish anything like this.

...We can offset edges or chains in sketcher from geometry that already exists in a previous feature, but why can't we do it in sketcher itself?

That was kind of the point of the CS case... you -CAN- offset chains and loops, but the highlighting doesn't work. I ran into this before and thought as you. This thread explained why it seems to not work.

I did add an explanation to the CS case, of course. And in the video, you see me offsetting solid edges, a previously defined sketch, and then offset the sketch itself. The one that doesn't highlight is the offset of the sketch loop in this second sketch. It offsets fine if you knew what you choose! The same problem exists with thicken. I couldn't find any other sketch functions that invoked the ancient menu manager dialog for loop or chain selection.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Interesting. Thanks to you I found some functionality that was so buried in the ribbon I didn't know it existed.

Top Tags