cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

older version of part into assembly

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

older version of part into assembly

Hi

I have created a part file called as A.prt.1 and same is used into A.asm.1. Now I shared the part to some other person who modified it to A.prt.2. If I keep all three files that is A.asm.1 , A.prt.1 and A.prt.2, opening of A.asm.1 results into opening of A.prt.2. Is there a way to open A.prt.1 into A.asm.1 as A.prt.1 was used while creating assembly.

I know keeping latest version into same folder is resulting in desired behavior. But is there some option which forces creo to load part version which was used while creating assembly?

Any idea would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Load A.prt.1 into Creo before opening A.asm. 

Creo does not have a load-as-saved option, so you have to work around it.

In Windchill, you can do a download to your workspace with either Load Latest or Load As Saved options.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Load A.prt.1 into Creo before opening A.asm. 

Creo does not have a load-as-saved option, so you have to work around it.

In Windchill, you can do a download to your workspace with either Load Latest or Load As Saved options.

Hi

Thanks for this information... Yes, that is good option to load part first and then assembly , but my situation is a bit more complex.

I would not have an idea which version of part was referred for assembly creation. In such scenario , I would not be knowing which part version to open first.

To the best of my knowledge, Creo assemblies do not save any inform with respect to versions of components. 

Windchill, as mentioned by Ben, is the way to go for this application. It tracks what version was used when the assembly was checked in.

File versions are more of a backup or recovery of data, not for controlling your assembly variants.

I just opened an assembly file in notepad and as Stephan says, Creo does NOT record the 'iteration' of the part file used, only the name and extension (my_part.prt).

The 'iteration' of the files is for backup purposes, not tracking changes.

Why can you not use the A.prt.2 in your assembly and drawing? Being the same name, form, fit and function should have been maintained and the A.prt.1 and A.prt.2 should be completely interchangeable.

If you do need as-saved versioning control, you will need a PDM system.

The best way to determine the version used in an assembly version, that I come up with, is to pay attention to the save dates.  Anything with a date stamp after the assembly was saved would be modified.

To open the "as saved" version follow loading instructions from Ben.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags