cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

part/assembly relations

wsourbeer-3
1-Newbie

part/assembly relations

I am using Wildfire 5 with Windchill. I started a project using 'dummy' part numbers since nothing had been assigned yet. I created several parts and an assembly. When the part numbers were assigned I renamed them in Wildfire. I had all the parts and the assembly open when I renamed them. For some reason it appears that two of the parts did not rename but created new parts with the new part numbers. When I did this I made sure that it was 'rename' not 'copy' being done. I removed the old parts and added the new parts to the assembly. When I try to remove the old parts from the work space it will not delete unless I delete the assembly. How do I break this relation so that I can get rid of these old parts?

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:wsourbeer-3)

In the assembly, try looking at the reference viewer and look at the dependencies.  The old parts may show up with a trash can next to them.  Select the trash can to remove them.

Capture.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thanks Kevin

It's been a long time since I had this happen and I totally forgot about the viewer. It worked fine and I was able to get rid of the unwanted parts.

Thanks again

Bill Sourbeer

Top Tags