cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

part parameters in an assembly family table to drive table on assembly print

TedOtto
3-Visitor

part parameters in an assembly family table to drive table on assembly print

I have an assembly that has a family table in it.The generic assembly has two parts, a shaft and a machined component. The shaft is common in all family table instances. The machined component also has a family table in it, two different instances, one with threaded holes and one without. I have the generic machine component assembled in the generic assembly and all works fine.

In all of the components I have a title_line1 & title_line2 parameter, which is used to populate the piece part print title blocks. In the machined component family table I have the title_line2 parameter in in the table, and it designates whether or not it has the threaded holes.

In my assembly drawing I have a table created that uses repeat regions and filters to show my instances. Basically I have a -001 and -002 instances in my assembly, and my table lists that instance -001 uses 111-1 machined component and instance -002 uses the 111-2 machined component. That all works fine, but I also want to add a column to my table that lists the part description for the machined component. So I want the title_line1 & title_line2 parameters (from the parts) for the corresponding machined component instances to show up in my table…would like to have them to automatically populate like the rest and not manually type them in. I’m wondering what is the best way to do this?

For now I created a mach_comp_title_line2 parameter in the assembly, and created a relation so that parameter would equal the title_line2:X from the machined component. The “X” is the session ID from the machined component. Then I added the mach_comp_title_line2 parameter to the assembly family table and then added a repeat region filter in my table to make it show up. It does show up, but I sometimes get an error saying that relation overrides family table values of instance...

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Ted

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags