cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

paste Special

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

paste Special

I have some features in one part that have inside one of them, some relations.

T_F_0-1583919898571.png

Now in an assembly, I copied and made the paste special, the same features to other part. after having made the advanced reference configuration, and all the features pasted to the new part, I visited the relation to the corresponding extrude, and there wasn't any relations inside.

T_F_1-1583920166213.png

My question is, how can i copy those features, and bring the needed relations to the other part, without losing the relations?

6 REPLIES 6
Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:T_F)

Hi T_F

I think what you are asking for is not possible in Creo Parametric.

in your relations there are dimensions involved. When you copy a function from  part1 to part2 with paste special, the dimensions in part2 will not have the same reference:

d16.png

In my example I copied the cylinder, in part1 the radius is d16 and in part2 the radius of the cylinder pasted changed to d15...

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Trebla)

And do you have any suggestions about it?
I remember when I used solid works, more than 10 years ago, that there as something called smart parts, and smart assemblies, where I could have some features in memory, that when I assembled a part in an assembly I could recreate the needed features to fit the parts, like holes pockets, with just one click. I was trying to do the same with copy paste. Do you know how can I do this?
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Have you looked at UDFs (User Defined Features)? That might be the functionality you're looking for. You can get feature-level relations in these. Search for "Creo UDF" at YouTube and you'll find a lot of examples and tutorials.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Pettersson)

You are right, UDF might be an option that I'm evaluating also, but I need to create the UDF every time I need to make the "copy paste"

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Yeah, if it's not the same or similar thing each time, UDFs could take a bit of time. You might be able to speed up the process using mapkeys, though. Select the features, Mapkey makes it a UDF and pauses, you switch model and resume the mapkey, mapkey inserts the recently saved UDF. If you use the same filename each time, that entire process might be amenable to automatization, though I haven't tried it myself. If you do it as a one-off, you don't need to bother with creating prompts and such.

Also, if you're copying and pasting similar, but not identical, things, there are some really clever tricks you can use with UDFs, using measurement features that collect information from the model and adapts the UDF depending on the results.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Pettersson)

I will give it a try, but definetaly, the udf's name will be an issue. I will need to dig a bit further

Top Tags