cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

pdmlink add to workspace with dependents at latest as of specified date

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

pdmlink add to workspace with dependents at latest as of specified date

I'm using PDMLink 10.2 with Creo 2. I'm looking for a way to add an assembly to a workspace using dependents that are the latest as of specified date. Using "as stored" doesn't quite get me what I need. Is there a way to do this? If so, please explain; if not, then I'll quit looking and do it the hard way (look at dates for each component).

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JLG)

To clarify - when I add my assembly to a workspace, this is what I see:

[cid:image003.jpg@01D07E88.0D2A4370]

I am adding an outdated version of the assembly. The "Latest" configuration gets me the latest version of all the components - I don't want that. The "As Stored" configuration gets me the versions that everything was at when that version of the assembly was stored - I don't want that.

What I want is the latest versions of the components at a specific date (particularly, just before the next version of the assembly was checked in). In other words, what did the assembly look like, using the latest components at that time, just before the new version was checked in.

I can search for each component and pull the right version for each one individually, but it's a real pain. Luckily this only has 48 objects, and many of them are standard hardware that I don't need to worry about. But doing this with a larger assembly would be serious work.

Does that make sense? Can you help?

Thanks for all answers, everyone gives me insights to the way things work.

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Well, I got an answer that I didn't like - no, I can't do what I want. Or rather, if I'd had the foresight to set up a baseline, I could have used that. But of course I didn't set up a baseline, so I'm stuck searching for each component, latest at the date needed.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

How about pulling down the latest versions and then using the 'Last Modified' date to find the objects that have been updated after your date of interest (before the checkin)? Depending on the frequency of updates, this may help to reduce the number of object that you need to manually revert back to an earlier version in your workspace.

Mark S. Bohannon
MDA Administrator/Programmer
8001 Development Drive
Morrisville, NC 27650
USA

mbohannon@lenovo.com<">mailto:e-mail>
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

What finally worked for me was to do a search in PDMLink (10.2) for similarly-named groups of objects, like this:
[cid:image002.jpg@01D08102.0487C9F0]

Basically, this search showed all iterations up to the date indicated. I then sorted on name and "last modified", and picked the last listing for each name in the returned list. (When I tried to search specifying the latest iteration with a limit on the "last modified" date, I got zilch, since the latest iteration came after that date.) I still had to do multiple searches, but at least I didn't have to search for each one individually.

For a large assembly, this could be quite tedious - you'd have to get a good list of objects to search for, and that might be difficult depending on the complexity of things.

Thanks to all who helped; everyone who replied had good suggestions.

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

Top Tags