cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

phantom items in the BOM

WilliamPatterso
1-Newbie

phantom items in the BOM

I want to add a line item to the bill of material. How can I add an item that is not graphically represented in the assembly to the BOM such a grease? thanks Will
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Assemble a bulk item and see if your BOM outputs as required. You can add repeat region releations also. Sometime I just use a blank part in conjunction with repeat region locations instead of the bulk item functionality, depending on requirements. If I remember right there is example in user documentation for how to write a repeat region relation that sets the Unit Of Measure UOM to As Required AR for bulk items automatically.

You can insert a row at the end of a Repeat Region and manually enter the requred text... old school.

Dear, You can add GREASE as one parameter in your generic part and call it in family table, so automaticallly you will get this column in your BOM table. Regards, Vimlesh

We create a part for our "bulk" items such as grease or loctite. We do not use PTC's bulk items as we have had issues with them, just can't remember exactly what they were. With an actual part the BOM can then read in the file name and the description taken from the Parameter. We then use Relations to take care of the quantity or any other changes/customizations that may need to be made. We have customized our BOM table and left relations saved to this BOM so all the user has to do is change the part numbers and values to their needs. I will attach our BOM so that anyone that wants to use it can modify it to their needs. Take note, there are relations in it to deal with table/tabulated drawings along with the relation to change the QTY. Craig Clough CAD Administrator

Does't look like the attachment came through. I changed the extension from .tbl.1 to .txt so that I could attach it. Just make sure to change it back to bom.tbl.1 Craig
Top Tags