cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ptc_setvars.bat

rizzari
1-Newbie

ptc_setvars.bat

What does the "ptc_setvars.bat" file do? What should be in it? I loaded Wildfire 4.0 last week and I went to postprocess a machining file and I got the error

'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars' is not recognized as an internal or external command ..................

Could not find ...\ptc_setvars.bat

Thanks for any insight.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

it is created by the PTC startup script, executed and then deleted
If your tricky, you can capture it (setup special permissions on the working directory, write, modify, but NO delete)
I think it sets environment variables for the shell before Pro/E is launched

Thanks to Bob Frindt & Dan Wolfe and the others who responded.

original post:

What does the "ptc_setvars.bat" file do? What should be in it? I loaded Wildfire 4.0 last week and I went to postprocess a machining file and I got the error

'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars' is not recognized as an internal or external command ..................

Could not find ...\ptc_setvars.bat

Thanks for any insight.

Solution: Need to point to the Proe Bin directory in the

PATH environment variable

<u>Under:</u>

My Computer

Properties

Advanced

Environment Variable

Top Tags