cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

question about parameters

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

question about parameters

Hi all,

can a parameter be copied from one part to another, or from one assembly to another. I have an assembly with some parameters, & one of these parameters could be used to drive a relation on another part, but i don't see a way of accessing it, without bringing this part into this assembly, which i don't want to do.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

One solution could be to create a Layout to share parameters between separate parts

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:sdick)

Hi Sylvain,

could you give a brief explanation of how to do this, i tried this earlier this week, but could not see how to share the parameters created in the layout with my parts.

Kind Regards

John

File / Declare

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:sdick)

Thank you so much Sylvain, this will be a big help to me.

Regards

John

Top Tags