cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"Batch" distribution of rules driven layers

mbonka
15-Moonstone

"Batch" distribution of rules driven layers

Hello all,

my problem is simply, but l don´t know fulfil solution. All my layers are rules based (see picture bellow) and l need to propagate/distrubuted it into all my parts and assemblies. l don´t want to copy layer manualy into each part. l think Modelcheck isn´t able to copy rules, just create a leayrs with desired name, but RULES are missing = functionality is lost...

Can trail file help me? Don´t have any expiriences with trail files...

Can some kind of external application help me? Which one?

Do you have any other idea how to copy/propagate them?

Thx all for responses...

Layer_rules.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:mbonka)

Put those rules-based layers in your start parts/assemblies, create a junk assembly, insert all the parts you want to change, delete all the existing layers from thos parts, then select all the layers you want at the assembly level, and "Extend rules", this propagates all the layers with rules down into any parts and/or assemblies in your junk assembly. Exit and make sure you save all the other parts/assemblies.

Here's where I first learned of them:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Milan,

you can save rule definition to a Query file and later retrieve it.

rule_editor.png

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks for answer,

l´ve never used Save/Retrieve Query To File, have to inspect these function.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Put those rules-based layers in your start parts/assemblies, create a junk assembly, insert all the parts you want to change, delete all the existing layers from thos parts, then select all the layers you want at the assembly level, and "Extend rules", this propagates all the layers with rules down into any parts and/or assemblies in your junk assembly. Exit and make sure you save all the other parts/assemblies.

Here's where I first learned of them:

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:Patriot_1776)

Hello Frank,

thanks for answer and PPT presentation, It´s helpful.The way you described is exact the same like l usually do it. At least l know, that l´m doing it right way.

Layers can be deleted via ModelCheck, but what about passing them back?

The target of my question is AUTOMATION. l don´t want open each main assembly and past layers...

In generall l don´t have so much assemblies/parts, so the way you described isn´t so bad... (1-2 work days)

Thx

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

If you do it at the TOP assembly, EVERYTHING below will be fixed.

Top Tags