cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

"Cntrl A" while in note entry mode...

BPapp
2-Guest

"Cntrl A" while in note entry mode...

Running CREO 2.0 and ran into something that stumped us.

Since I learned about the "Cntrl A" command here it has become my new best friend. For whatever reason my computer, and command input always seems to be a half a keystroke behind me, and I'm not fast! Anyhow, "Cntrl A" usually ends the current command without fanfare.

After inputting a note on a drawing I wanted to end the command, so I hit "Cntrl A". However... the computer was already expecting a text entry (maybe I'm half a keystroke behind the computer). The cursor in the text entry popup immediatly turned to a black square cursor, it seemed to selecting some text symbols from keystrokes, and the font was a different style. Our company uses CG Triumvirate as default. I couldn't even go back and change the properties of the font style.

So what exactly did I do, and what the inverse command to un do it?

To recreate my condition, go into 2D note entry mode and instead of typing the text, hit Cntrl A, they type "R .16 TYP"

I wound up exiting without save.

Thanks for any insight here.

Bruce

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BPapp
2-Guest
(To:BPapp)

Okay, I'll reply to my own query.

Hitting Cntrl A allows the operator to input the special control characters (and locks out my selected font)

Control B returns normal use of the keyboard.

(Thanks Max)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BPapp
2-Guest

Okay, I'll reply to my own query.

Hitting Cntrl A allows the operator to input the special control characters (and locks out my selected font)

Control B returns normal use of the keyboard.

(Thanks Max)

dschenken
21-Topaz I

You win the send button contest!!

Create a note as you have and then use Properties to edit it. Select the button Labeled "Editor" and you should see there are extra characters that the Properties editor doesn't show. At least in my installation 'Editor" brings up Notepad.

123456 looks like {0: 1 2 3 4 5 6 }

Ctrl-A is an alternate character set introducer and I think Crtl-B terminates it. So try Crtl-A then V then Ctrl-B.

Thanks David, interesting. I never used it that way before.

Bruce

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Looks like the missing-character-indicator rectangles didn't get displayed in the list of numbers. Each of the numbers in the list should show a box before and another box after.

Top Tags