cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

"Edit Definition" option not available for parts of assembly

Garrett317
8-Gravel

"Edit Definition" option not available for parts of assembly

I have an assembly that consists of many holes and when use the Model Tree to edit the definition, the icon does not appear. I made sure the "read only" function is not active, but I cannot seem to fix the issue. I have attached an image of the Model Tree and the options I receive when I click on an assembly part within the Tree. Any suggestions would be great.

Using Creo 4.0

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Garrett317)

Thoughts that come to mind:

1. I know you are using Creo 4 but is the assembly active? There is a config to revert auto-activate to pre-Creo 4 state.

2. Are you working in PDM? Is the assembly checked out?

3. Are you using the right license?

Can you perform other operations in the assembly?

The assembly is not active, it is not checked out (not using PDM), and the licensing is correct. I can perform other operations on the assembly - I can click on Extrude (in the image provided in the post), which is right above the assembly parts in question, in the Model Tree and I can have full control/operations. These parts in the assembly that are not able to be edited were created in the assembly. They were not created on a specific part and the part added to the assembly (not sure if this info helps at all).

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I see. I thought the screenshot was from an assembly but now I understand it is from a part. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the functionality exists to edit an assembly level cut at the part level. You have to re-define it at the assembly level. I try to avoid assembly level cuts at all costs though so I don't work with them very often.

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

You have to enable feature properties for components in assembly (intersection tab). When checked you can edit assembly features on part lvl.

I am not seeing where to "enable feature properties". Could you go into a little bit more detail? Possibly a picture of where this is located?

Thanks

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Capture.PNG

Top Tags