cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

"Model is not regenerated" error

ptc-3884343
1-Newbie

"Model is not regenerated" error

I am using Creo Parametric. Whenever I go to save my assembly, I get an error saying "model is not regenerated". However, I have regenerated the assembly and all parts in the assembly. Also, the regeneration manager is empty.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Is the "stop light" on the bottom green?

The light is yellow! And when I click on it, it shows the assembly file not regenerated...even though it seems to be otherwise!

I chased a ghost like this just a few days ago. It turned out that I had a feature level relation that was no longer valid. All these years, debugging regen failures has been problematic. Creo 3.0 promises to finally solve this.

Hello Joseph,

have you been able to detect the cause for the error?

In our database i found a couple of cases about this message. Some had been caused by relations as Antonius suggested and others were related to mass properties calculation (recommendation was to set the config.pro option "mass_property_calculate automatic" to avoid the situation)

In some cases users simply avoided the conflict by setting: "regen_solid_before_save no" (but I would not recommend this, if the saved goemetry should show in browser preview or Windchill, etc...)

Gunter

Top Tags