cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

"No hole charts found" when using some custom screws

avillena
12-Amethyst

"No hole charts found" when using some custom screws

I'm configuring EFX 7.0 using ProENGINEER WIldfire 3. I'm configuring the Screws and Pins, so we use the customer's screws/nuts/washers from their library on Intralink. By now everything seems OK, parts are retrived from Intralink correctly, assembling using Surface and Axis ID works OK...

But I have some issues with certain screws. Some cylindrical and countersink screws don't work well. Counterbore can't be activated and hole can't be selected/done, those areas on the GUI are greyed:

All of the hexagonal screws work perfectly. None of the cylindrical screws work. And some of the countersink screws work and some don't.

When they don't work properly, these areas are greyed and if I try to assemble them, I get an error message:

If I accept, they assemble properly, but holes are not created.

Anyone knows why system is not detecting the proper holes to be created?

*You can find attached the .dat, .prt and _detail.gif of some of this non-working screws.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
avillena
12-Amethyst
(To:avillena)

I found my own mistake. I created the .dat files copying from existing ones in EFX installation. I've seen that the screws that got error finding the crealance holes, had a Thread of P=0.7:

And on the hole tables used to create the clearance holes, there aren't any options for M8x0.7 or M10x0.7:

I've changed the .dat files and changed P=0.5, and now they work properly:

Hi,

thats exactly the point.

You have to make sure that for your DN and P values a hole chart exist.

If a hole chart can be found the name of the THREAD_SERIES ist shown in the dialog. If no hole chart can be found you see the questionmark.

Thank you for the post.

Regards

Oliver

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags