cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

"Open" vs "Open Automatic"

Reoyo
6-Contributor

"Open" vs "Open Automatic"

Hi everybody,

Today I am writing with the following issue. (Sorry for not being able to post pictures, but I cannot do it because of the confidenciality policy in my company)

I got an assembly with the tree structure you can see below, and I had to replace the casing for a new one:

Post.JPG

The new casing was placed in the wrong spot, so I arranged it so that it is located ·By "Default" in the right one . Then, I re-constrained all the parts below in the tree respect to the new casign.

Until here, everything fine. I saved the work into our PLM software and it looked OK .

After a while, I realized that in our visualization sofware the shafts were still in the old position, while the casing was in a different one.

If I "Open" GEARBOX_ASSEMBLY.ASM, I see on Creo what I did (casing in the desired spot, and all the parts constrained respect to it, all in the right position).

But, if I open "GEARBOX_ASSEMBLY.ASM" using the option "Open Automatic" the items "Casing.asm" and "Shaft_1.prt", "Shaft_2.prt", are really far one each other.

So, if looks as if "Open Automatic" does not respect the constrains I entered when modifying the assembly... and the questions arising from this story are the following ones:

1. What is the difference between "Open" and "Open Automatic"? 

2. How can edit the lay-out so that I get the same result opening the assembly on both ways?

I hope I managed to explain the issue properly, but if someone needs more info, do not hesitate to ask for it.

Thanks you all in advance!

C.Reoyo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Reoyo)

What release and build code are you using? I've never seen "Open Automatic"

*Edit*

I just realized, maybe the open automatic is opening and exploded version. In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, does it reference and "explode state"

Reoyo
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Hey guys, thank you both for your support!!!

Thanks to  the info TomU provided me with, it is more clear  how Automatic Representation works. But, in spite of I could solve my issue, I bet I would have to struggle a bit more future in scenarios... 😉

Kind regards

C.Reoyo

Top Tags