cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

redefine merged model placement

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

redefine merged model placement

I'm using Creo Parametric 2. I have a part model that contains a merged model feature that is causing circular references. The merge feature was created in the part while in the parent assembly (which I can change if needed), so it references that assembly.
YYY.ASM
* YYY_SKEL.PRT
* XXX.PRT (assembled using coordinates, a csys in merged YYY_SKEL.PRT and the same csys in YYY_SKEL.PRT in YYY.ASM)
o Merge feature (not external; merge created while in YYY.ASM; contains csys used to assemble XXX.PRT)

I would like to redefine the placement of the merged model feature in the part via the assembly, but the only way I see to change the placement is by making the merge external. Is there another way to do it? If I have to, I'll just make the merge external, but I'd like to avoid that if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags