cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

rename a bulk item

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

rename a bulk item

We have a bulk item that it has been determined needs to be renamed. Is there a method to rename a bulk item?

I opened the assemblies it is used in, then opened the bulk item, but there is no Save As option.

Being a bulk item, I guess it may be just as easy to remove it the item, rename on disk and add the component back in. This is in a native filing mode system, no Windchill (yet).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

Creo 4 does not allow you to change the name of the file you are renaming. It will only allow you to rename the open file. Unless there is a config.pro setting I do not have enabled?

I decided to do it the easy way, since I had 3 assemblies that needed the renamed file. I copied the file on disk and renamed it. I opened each assembly and added the new named part and deleted the old part. Being bulk items, there is no positioning to worry about. It just put the bulk item at the end of the model tree.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

in Creo 2.0 in Assembly mode you can:

• click File > Manage File > Rename
  • now you can use following dialog box to rename bulk item

rename.png

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

Creo 4 does not allow you to change the name of the file you are renaming. It will only allow you to rename the open file. Unless there is a config.pro setting I do not have enabled?

I decided to do it the easy way, since I had 3 assemblies that needed the renamed file. I copied the file on disk and renamed it. I opened each assembly and added the new named part and deleted the old part. Being bulk items, there is no positioning to worry about. It just put the bulk item at the end of the model tree.

Top Tags