cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

render of a manikin - cannot see it

UniMaker
4-Participant

render of a manikin - cannot see it

Hello,

I am working with creo parametric 2.0 and I would like to use a manikin to make a packaging note!

My problem is that when I insert it in my assembly, the manikin has no surface.... it's transparent!

I even downloaded one file found on grabcad and the manikin still transparent. only the shades can be seen with the option "NO HIDDEN".

Does anyone know how to tune my settings, in order to see my manikin?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:UniMaker)

Are you talking about the Vision Window? -This seems to be a known issue with the head/face being removed for rendering, see CS145530?

Because when I use Render Window function, I get the manikin rendered:

render_manikin.jpg

UniMaker
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Not exactly!

I insert my manikin and when it s in my assembly window, it s not visible... only with the view option "no hidden" !

UniMaker
4-Participant

Would it be possible that this problem come from the fact that i do not have a license for the manikin?

Because I have only one of them, be I would have like to use it!

mbonka
15-Moonstone

l don´t have manikin extension and it works fine for me. Don´t thik this is the problem.

What about some appearances? Are their transparent?

What about layers? Manikin is a "quilt person". Are your layers set correctly?

Do you have appropriate hardware for rendering? Maybe your graphics card or CPU is too low... just my idea.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mbonka)

Yes, checking for graphics / graphics setting is a good idea!

I found an old report in our database, where a manikin was missing some (not all) surfaces and it turned out to be related to graphical settings (about shading quality and displaying small surfaces - no additional details in the record).

Another thing to check: Is it with this specific assembly only (e.g. layers, simplified rep ...) or with any assembly?

Create a new, empty assembly with a simple part and add the manikin. If the issue cannot be observed with the new assembly, then it is in fact model specific and you can align it step-by-step with your functional assembly, to figure out the difference.

If the issue reproduces, you may attach it for others to test. If others have the issue as well, then it indicates a general issue and you should open a case with PTC support.

Otherwise it is either a hardware specific issue (and if you use a supported hardware, you should open a case with TS) or an issue specific to your settings (if you cannot figure out what setting, TS can also assist). Cross-checking without configuration files may clarify which of these two cases applies.

Top Tags