cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

replacing mass amounts of washers?

jlambert-3
1-Newbie

replacing mass amounts of washers?

Pro-e Wildfire 4.
i have a large assembly and have a large amount of washers. i need to replace them for a different sized washers.

is there not a a way to say... "A" washer's surfaces should reference these surfaces on "B" and do some kind of replace all?
let me know cause replacing all these one by one is going to melt my mind.
Jeremiah.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use the find tool (binoculars) to search by name to find all instances of the washer. (you need to select them all in the bottom left box and click the >> button to put them in the selected box on the right.)

With them selected, right click on one of them in the tree and select replace. In the replace dialog pick the unrelated component option on the left and then use the browse button in the upper right to find the new washer.

Now pick the 'edit ref table' button to open a temp assy of both washers. In the dialog box are all the references for the original washer used in your assembly. You can then pick new, corresponding references in the new washer. Once you've got all the references picked, you can exit.

Select OK in the replace dialog and your assembly should regenerate and all the washers should be replaced.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

or i mean... not so much "reference" as i mean Washer A's surface are equal/same as these surfaces on Washer B... then replace all. if anyone knows if that is possible let me know.

I'm sure there is a way in the replace dialog but I cannot walk you through it as I've rarely needed to do this.

But do remember the age-old (meaning all versions) way to quickly replace an item if the new item is not yet created...

If you have the assembly (...ies) in memory and you open the washer, you can rename the washer. Now the new name is in the assembly and once saved, the new washer will be what is installed. Now just change the new washer to the size you want and save. Be sure you have a copy of the original washer so you can put it back in your database if you happened to overwrite all versions on disk.

If the new washer already exists and this is not a solution, you will need to go through the replace operation.

If you have you washer created using a family table this is just a couple of a clicks.

Use pattern to place the washers , that way if you replace one all of them a replaced.

Thank you.

Use the find tool (binoculars) to search by name to find all instances of the washer. (you need to select them all in the bottom left box and click the >> button to put them in the selected box on the right.)

With them selected, right click on one of them in the tree and select replace. In the replace dialog pick the unrelated component option on the left and then use the browse button in the upper right to find the new washer.

Now pick the 'edit ref table' button to open a temp assy of both washers. In the dialog box are all the references for the original washer used in your assembly. You can then pick new, corresponding references in the new washer. Once you've got all the references picked, you can exit.

Select OK in the replace dialog and your assembly should regenerate and all the washers should be replaced.

--
LinkedIn

you are a my new best friend. thanks so much Doug.

Glad I could help.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags