cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

rpt.index produces a blank colum

rbrooks
1-Newbie

rpt.index produces a blank colum

Can anyone tell me simply how to get an index column to show anything?

I have a very simple assembly drawing with an assembly consisting of 4 parts. the BOM table at the moment lists the part names via asm.mbr.name perfectly bu the rpt.index colum and the rpt.qty column are blank whatever I do.

I have just moved from using Solidworks where these would have been automatically done in 3 key clicks and can't understand why this is so difficult in this system, it has so far taken me over 4 days of trying various explanations but nothing works.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:rbrooks)

Hello

we've got this kind of issue with WildFire 5

Our CAD manager don't know why ... but in some case, when hiding some layers in the drawing, it hides rpt.index in the repeat region of the table ...

Need to delete the table and re create it ......

James62
10-Marble
(To:rbrooks)

It's hard to tell from your description what is really going on.

What version of Pro/E or Creo are you on?

In case you are on Creo 1.0 or later, have you tried to use one of the predefined tables?

Well, maybe a shot in the dark but anyway...

Have you made sure that you defined all the parameters that are in your repeat region table cells also inside the repeat region relations local parameters tab?

For &rpt.index used in a table cell define a RPT_INDEX parameter in relations menu

for &asm.mbr.name in a table cell define a ASM_MBR_NAME parameter in relations menu,

for &rpt.qty in the table cell define RPT_QTY parameter in relations menu,

and so on...

These params are required even when you don't use repeat region relations.

Thanks for the help.

Finally found a tutorial on the web which fixed it. basically I have three columns and I was setting up a repeat region for each column rather than one for all three.

Top Tags