cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

save a backup an assembly

ng-2
5-Regular Member

save a backup an assembly

Hello everyone

I have one quary , suppose i have an assembly containing numbers of components and those components are controlled by pro programming, now if i create new varient of that assembly it is obivious that some component will get suppressed ( as it is controlled by pro programming) now if i do save a backup then all the component with suppressed condition also got saved in new location. Is there any setting for this, that only the resume component will be save in a backup folder with assembly and drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ng-2)

Hi,

try following procedure:

• create new variant of the assembly using Pro/PROGRAM functionality
  • click File > Manage Session > Erase Not Displayed to erase suppressed components from session memory
  • click File > Save As > Save a Backup to backup current assembly variant
  • erase the assembly from session memory (because Creo switched from orginal assembly to its backup

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

try following procedure:

• create new variant of the assembly using Pro/PROGRAM functionality
  • click File > Manage Session > Erase Not Displayed to erase suppressed components from session memory
  • click File > Save As > Save a Backup to backup current assembly variant
  • erase the assembly from session memory (because Creo switched from orginal assembly to its backup

MH

Martin Hanák
ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you martin for your reply it is saving without suppressed part but its reference is present in assembly when i make the assy in resume mode it is asking for retrive the component is there any option to auto delete suppress component in assy...

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

unfortunately I do not know how to automatically delete components suppressed via Pro/PROGRAM.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags