cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

SOLVED
Highlighted
bp
Level 9

sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

Im designing a frame using square tubes. Cut-outs that are not perpendicular to the metal wall are automatically adjusted in sheetmetal modus I would like to avoid unwanted edges sticking out, for this Creo has the "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" function, but I cant get it to work!

It only works when the edges are ripped and not bend. See images. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug or did they just stop programming when they needed the recources elsewhere?

edgerip.jpg

edgebend.jpg

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

If you make the surround 1st with a seam, the extrude does work properly. Then you build whatever you need for the "floor"

box_cut.PNG

10 REPLIES 10

Re: sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

I think there is a little bug in there, I've had trouble with it too.

Im wondering if the people at PTC read this forum and pick up stuff like this..?

you can report to tech support

How do I do that?

Also I have a great idea: if the guys at PTC responsible for programming would all regularly check this forum (which is owned by PTC..) and even reply once in a while; that would really be efficient and give the users the illusion PTC actually cares.

you have to log a case. go to ptc support section.

If you make the surround 1st with a seam, the extrude does work properly. Then you build whatever you need for the "floor"

box_cut.PNG

Hi BJ P,

I have this in my notes of things to follow-up on from when I read this last week. You were heard, I just did not have any sort of resolution to provide.

Is this still something you are working on or did Antonius' response get you where you needed to be?

An square tube is not a sheet metal part. What you need to do in this case is to deactivate the "Remove material normal to surface" button.

tube_cut.jpg

Hi Clint, I solved this by doing the extrude twice.

Could you say if this is a bug or just something?