cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

sheetmetal: "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" bug?

Im designing a frame using square tubes. Cut-outs that are not perpendicular to the metal wall are automatically adjusted in sheetmetal modus I would like to avoid unwanted edges sticking out, for this Creo has the "remove material normal to both driving and offset surfaces" function, but I cant get it to work!

It only works when the edges are ripped and not bend. See images. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug or did they just stop programming when they needed the recources elsewhere?

edgerip.jpg

edgebend.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

If you make the surround 1st with a seam, the extrude does work properly. Then you build whatever you need for the "floor"

box_cut.PNG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

I think there is a little bug in there, I've had trouble with it too.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:RV_5434567)

Im wondering if the people at PTC read this forum and pick up stuff like this..?

jsarkar
1-Newbie

you can report to tech support

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:jsarkar)

How do I do that?

Also I have a great idea: if the guys at PTC responsible for programming would all regularly check this forum (which is owned by PTC..) and even reply once in a while; that would really be efficient and give the users the illusion PTC actually cares.

jsarkar
1-Newbie

you have to log a case. go to ptc support section.

ClintWalton
1-Newbie

Hi BJ P,

I have this in my notes of things to follow-up on from when I read this last week. You were heard, I just did not have any sort of resolution to provide.

Is this still something you are working on or did Antonius' response get you where you needed to be?

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:ClintWalton)

Hi Clint, I solved this by doing the extrude twice.

Could you say if this is a bug or just something?

ClintWalton
1-Newbie

I'm glad to hear you've found a solution. Without you creating a technical support case where this can be thoroughly looked into, I cannot make a comment about the behavior in that regard.

If you wish to pursue this, I encourage you to log a technical support case.

https://www.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/log

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

If you make the surround 1st with a seam, the extrude does work properly. Then you build whatever you need for the "floor"

box_cut.PNG

GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst

An square tube is not a sheet metal part. What you need to do in this case is to deactivate the "Remove material normal to surface" button.

tube_cut.jpg

Top Tags