cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

show dimensions from External Copy Geometry in drawing view

rbray-2
2-Guest

show dimensions from External Copy Geometry in drawing view

Creo 2.0

I used External Copy Geometry to copy sketch geometry in a Skeleton model to a part model in my assembly.

I want to show the sketch dimensions in a drawing view that contains only the part model.

I can show the dimensions in a drawing view containing the assembly but I cant find a way to show them in a drawing view containing just the part model.

Interestingly, when editing definition of Extern Copy Geom under the References tab is the word “Annotations” at the bottom of the list but no way to add them. Maybe this is for a future release?

9 REPLIES 9
chuisman-2
6-Contributor
(To:rbray-2)

dit you find an answer?

No one responded to my question. I had to use driven dimensions.

chuisman-2
6-Contributor
(To:rbray-2)

Ty, Think i have to start doing that also ...

Hi Experts,

Please respond to this post.

I'm sure there is a way to call the copy geometry dimensions into the drawing. I'm saying this because the drawings that im working has already has some dimensions called from the copy geometry feature. Some one has done that and now I couldn't figure out how they did.

Please reply

Thanks

K SARAVANAN

mender
6-Contributor
(To:sk-10)

Can you show this model/drawing?  There are a bunch of different sorts of features that grab content from another model.  Something like an inheritance/merge knows about features, but something that only copies geometry won't have feature dimensions.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

You can show the dimensions of a Merge feature, but not Copy Geometry. As the name suggests, its only the geometry that is copied and not entire feature to show the dimensions.

Hi manjunath RV,

Yes I was actually referring to merge geometry. We have used merge/inheritance feature to call the external skeleton geometry in to the model.

When I right click on the merge skeleton feature and say show model annotations there is not dimensions displayed on the

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

Ok. So do that you just highlight on the feature, RMB select Pick from list.

From the list you can select the required feature and then again RMB-Show dimensions.

Or from the Show annotations command you can do the same.

‌I am on my mobile right now, so I can't check , but:

I would try to create the dimension as an annotation in the skeleton model using the Annotation tab in the ribbon. You can display the dimension just like in a drawing. Then you add this dimension annotation to the copy geometry, because you now should have an annotation to share.

Top Tags