cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

show texture in assembly mode...

ptc-106508
1-Newbie

show texture in assembly mode...

How do I show a texture in an assembly??? It shows in the part and in the drawing but not in the assembly...

I am using a jpeg in the texture.

Here is the error message:

Texture or wrapped shader assignment not available on assemblies or assembly components

WF 5 m070...

Thanks for the help.

Mark Nerby

Fluke

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Mark...

This is the same kind of thing we encounter on harnesses. You simply don't have the option to use those textures at the assembly. I brought this up to PTC personnel at the Technical Committee meetings held after Planet PTC 2012 and was told to "take it up with the visualization people".

So... I submitted a request to join the Visualization TC. As for now, we have little in the way of options. I'm using a demo license of Keyshot and I'm very impressed by it's rendering capabilities.. plus it can handle textures in an assembly!

Thanks!
-Brian

Brian K. Martin
Sr. Mechanical/Application Engineer
SGT, Inc. under contract to
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

301.286.0059 (NASA Office)
443.421.2532 (Cell)
-

Hi again Mark...

Sorry to double-post but I re-read your message and thought this was relevant.

You can see the textures in an assembly as long as they are SET in the part. You'd open each part, set the texture, and THEN open the assembly.

If you open the assembly and you can't see all the textures at once, try CLEARING all appearances. See screenshot below...

[cid:image001.png@01CD65DB.97F59630]

Sometimes you have an appearance set at the assembly which is overriding the appearance at the component level. Remove these assembly appearances and the part/component appearance should come through.

Thanks!
-Brian

Brian K. Martin
Sr. Mechanical/Application Engineer
SGT, Inc. under contract to
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

301.286.0059 (NASA Office)
443.421.2532 (Cell)
-

All
Assigning appearances and textures in an assembly is supported in Creeo 1.0 and above. They can be assigned to any entity (part, component, component surface, etc)

Paul Sagar
PTC Product management

Paul,
Is there anywhere a "How To.." on this. The appearance tool seems to have a lot of functionality that we users seem to be unaware of. Personally, I am finding it difficult to apply after using Pro/Engineer color menus and I suspect from the forums that others are too.

The Clear All Appearances worked!!!

Thank you!!!

We are trying out a new process, creating a JPEG of a decal's artwork then using it as a texture on the part to show the artwork. That way you see the artwork in the part, drawing and assembly.

Mark Nerby
Fluke

Top Tags