cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

simplified reps

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

simplified reps

Hi all, is it possible to create a simplified rep of a part in the same way you can with assemblies. I want to show a drawing view with some features not showing, hiding features or putting them on layers does not work, it does for some features such as curves & surfaces, but not solid geometry. This posting is linked to my earlier one about copying geometry. What i am ultimately trying to do is show a sketched curve that drives a revolve feature without showing the revolved solid geometry, i just want the curve visible in a drawing view. Hopefully, this will make sense to someone out there. Regards John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can make simplified reps of parts. Use the view manager while the part is up. Notice there is a simp rep tab. There's a few options for how to create one in a part. If you select the "Features" option from the menu, then you can turn on/off any features in the model without worrying about parent/child relationships.

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply, that is exactly what i wanted to do, but now i have another problem. How do you create the drawing view with this sim ref active? When i bring in the part onto my drawing, its the full part with all features present. I edit the properties of the view & can see that under view states category there is a simplified rep tab, but its greyed out, i don't appear to be able to select the sim ref i created on my part. Kind Regards John

For parts: Go to Drawing Properties> Drawing Models> Set/Add Rep, then just add or set the rep you want. I don't know why you can't just change the "View State" like you can with an assembly. Tim
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:timb)

thanks for the replies guys, i figured it out this morning. it would appear you can only add new views, you cannot modify an existing view & impose a sim rep upon it, that is why i was struggling. Regards John
Top Tags