cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

springs in assemblies

WilliamPatterso
1-Newbie

springs in assemblies

I have a spring file that I down loaded from Lee Spring. how can I stretch the spring to the two attach points of my assembly. I mostly want it to look right in the drawing.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi William, it depends on how the spring is modelled. Ideally there is a parameter that drived the length. If so you can assemble it (axis and connect to one side with whatever references you have) and then you make it flexible(context menu on right mouse button). In the dialogue you have the option to enter a new flexible length or even have the distance measured in your assembly. If you use the second option the spring will adjust if the parts move. It will eat performance though.

This is what the dialogue window for flexible parts looks like with the "distance"=measure option in use...

"William Patterson" wrote:

I have a spring file that I down loaded from Lee Spring. how can I stretch the spring to the two attach points of my assembly. I mostly want it to look right in the drawing.

"Constantin von Bernuth" wrote:

This is what the dialogue window for flexible parts looks like with the "distance"=measure option in use...

I did not make it up. It looks like a rubber bellow. It is a polymer spring. Regards, Constantin
Top Tags