cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

starting with pro mechanism

RonanMASSOT
1-Newbie

starting with pro mechanism

Hi here, I would like to create my first assembly with pro mechanism but I don't know how start it. I create the assembly with mechanism connections and now I want to create the stop for pin and slider and make the cinematic analysis to have a video of the assembly. Does someone can help me?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Ronan, Pro/Engineer have a tutorial. C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\html\usascii\proe\mech_des\start.htm You can find there information about the mechanism design tutorial. Good Luck! Jürgen

Hello Jürgen, it looks good!! I'll start to read it, thanks
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:RonanMASSOT)

Hello, if you just want to make a movie you can use Animation (Application>Animation) instead of Mechanism. It's easier and more usefull for video (you can manage point of view, appearence, ect...)

Thank you Sylvain for further information. I thought that you must create a mechanism before an animation. Ok, I try to start directly by this module! thx guys
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:RonanMASSOT)

C'est juste.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:SylvainA.)

You need mechanism connection but you don't need to use Mechanism application

Hi Ronan, if you want to create an animatition, try to do following steps. 1. Open a assembly (At first a little assembly). 2. Choose Applications and then Animation in this pull-down-menue. 3. Now you get a new menue which called Animation. Click it and choose the command "view@time". Now you select a saved view, perhaps Front. Click Apply. Enter a new value for the time and change then a saved view. perhaps 10 and default. Click Apply again. 4. On your rigt side you can see some icons.Search the "start the animation" icon and click on it. 5. Below this icon you can find "Playback". Click there too. Select Capture and then OK. Hope it helps. Jürgen
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1982152)

In order to move an assembly by using mechanism connections, you just have to add servo motors (the blue spiral icon in the animation toolbar). You can play with the availables options, it's quite easy to use. Salut
Top Tags