cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

static analysis in creo simulate- facing Problem in defining loading conditions

ptc-5886864
1-Newbie

static analysis in creo simulate- facing Problem in defining loading conditions

Hello guys,

i want to perform a fatigue analysis of a coil spring for 10,00,000 life cycles but m facing a problem in defining the loading conditions for static analysis which i have to do before fatigue.

1. spring is in compressed position inside the assembly.

2. In the same compressed position further a pressure of 0.101 Mpa is applied on it.

so i have to first calculate the stresses in the spring in that compressed position inside the assembly for which i guess i have to give displacement to a part of spring then after it when further pressure is applied on it again i have to calculte the total stress due to the displacement given before and the pressure load.

i am not able to perform it can any one suggest me the proper way to perform this analysis or can provide any link for the example from where i can get the idea..

Thanks and Reagards

Mayank

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Mayank,

A sketch would be helpful, but I assume that one of two things can happen:

1. The pressure load is greater than the load due to the initial displacement. In this case the spring displaces an amount due to the pressure load.
  2. The pressure load is less than the load due to the initial displacement. In this case the spring does not displace further, and the load is only that due to the initial displacement (and there is no fatigue).

I suspect that 1. is the case, so the easiest way is probably to have two analyses to get the maximum and minimum stress.

One analysis should have an enforced displacement constraint (i.e. displacement > 0) and (I think) does not need any loads.

The other analysis will have a force applied, calculated from the pressure load.

HTH!

Hello Mayank,
I attach a link hoping he can already help you.
Cordially.
Denis

http://proewildfire.free.fr/tutoriaux-fichiers/tutorial_wf4_simul.pdf

Hello Denis,

I guess that this turorial is not available in german or in english, am i right?

Thanks for reply...

Hello Mayank,
I did a search but I found nothing, maybe PTC.
If you read German:

https://www.tu-chemnitz.de/mb/MHT/SAXSIM/einstieg.php

Hello, Steven,
Thank you for your link, the advantage of your link, is that we can directly translate in French for this month is fine.
But I did not find any relation Simulate.

Cordially.
Denis

Top Tags