cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

xxx.cem file not open while opening of parent .asm file

ashmech007
7-Bedrock

xxx.cem file not open while opening of parent .asm file

hello,

I found while working ,when I open xxx.asm file through teamcenter all sub part file opens directly, but xxx.cem file is not opened.

But when I open in different window the same xxx.cem file  open easily and then visible in xxx.asm file.

Is there any way or work around to open xxx.cem file in the same xxx.asm file directly through teamcenter in first attempt rather to open manually on other window.

5 REPLIES 5

@ashmech007 wrote:

hello,

I found while working ,when I open xxx.asm file through teamcenter all sub part file opens directly, but xxx.cem file is not opened.

But when I open in different window the same xxx.cem file  open easily and then visible in xxx.asm file.

Is there any way or work around to open xxx.cem file in the same xxx.asm file directly through teamcenter in first attempt rather to open manually on other window.

Hi,

please ask Teamcenter support.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ashmech007)

My guess is that the '.cem' file extension is not know to TeamCenter and will need to be registered within its configuration or preferences. We had to add .xlsx and .docx to Windchill when Microsoft first added those extensions to Office products.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ashmech007)

What kind of file is a .CEM file, what software?

@StephenW wrote:

What kind of file is a .CEM file, what software?

Hi,

.cem extension is assigned to Creo Layout files. See https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/Creo-Layout-imported-in-ProE/td-p/247897 

Martin Hanák

Top Tags