1) List a workflow(s) for Designers to follow for MBD items for use in a Drawing-centric world.
2) A viewer that is truly WYSIWYG for annotations, views and other data that are selected to be published.
3) More flexibility in editing default items like the default hole note, symbol palette, hole table, as opposed to create a new one would help.
1. Allow Creo to open models that were created in other CAD software, edit/manage full parametric history and save the model as a Creo prt model.
2. Allow a simple package file to contain all settings so an assembly can be saved, given to a supplier and opened at a different facility and have everything display exactly the way it was saved.
3. Create a truly neutral assembly model (at the PLM level) that would allow components to be mastered and maintained in multiple CAD systems, but assembled in one place. Limit the editing tools in the assembly to the bare bones. Only points, lines and arcs should be available to define mating conditions. Allow the assembly "skeleton" to be opened in any CAD system so the components could be edited in their native system in the assembled position and then saved. The assembly BOM could be maintained in PLM and an Assembly TDP could be created at that level for Sales, Logistics, etc..
1) Adding the 2D improvements we beta tested into Creo Parametric 7.
2) Improvements to model check functionality.
3) improvements for multi-select functionality for parameters in Creo Parametric, to better align with Windchill.
Please add an inspection report feature similar to InspectionExpert but built-in. As dimensions, notes, and GD&T are selected, sequential bubble notes are added to the drawing in an "Inspection" layer, and a report is automatically populated with relevant information such as dimension, tolerance, zone number (user configurable), and the bubble number. This would save our QC Engineers hours and is something that any company that makes drawings could benefit from.
1. Drawing Improvements. (Symbols Bom Balloons Ect Everything takes a long time)
2. More stable builds of the software.
3. Speed Creo just seems to churn forever for simple things. Some of our parts take over 20 min to regenerate.
1. Provide basic Operating System characteristics - such as long file names, and dynamic spell checking for all text entry!
2. Fix existing sketcher problems (off-screen dimensions is a big one) and add a couple of simple improvements (when sketching projected edges... the ability to pick all surface edges instead of having to step through and select each closed shape 'loop' edges on a surface; and more control over applied constraints... perhaps a drop-down dynamic checklist of constraints to enforce or ignore during sketcher element creation; and a round-ended slot)!
3. Add some basic logical capabilities to drawing - such as the ability to apply templates to existing sheets in a drawing, and parameters for supporting a TOC (Table of Contents) in multi-sheet drawings, and provide a parameter for the working directory path so that it can be easily documented in drawings for Quality Control purposes!
Even with all the enhancements that have been made to Creo Parametric over the years (thanks you PTC), there are many other 'improvements' that would help me 'impact' my business. Yet those, and the ones above, can be easily summarized by a single statement... Address the issues and shortcomings that have been pointed out by users for years.
1. Family Table UI overhaul.
2. Materials Appearances and making sure that they are fully implemented to include interactions with Appearance States on all aspects from Part-Assembly-Drawing, and work with Family Tables. Appearances also need to carry through WC Visualization for Creo View and Creo Illustrate.
3. Repeat Regions UI overhaul.
1) Better connectivity with AutoCAD to Windchill ProjectLink/PDMLink with the Workgroup Manager. We have had several issues with the Windchill File System Manager. Down time from WGM means down time on our work.
2) Allow project-to-project share for CAD Documents. Our projects are open for 18-24 months so having the capability helps designers use similar designs. Perhaps with a certain state would allow that (not WIP).
3) Allow Packages auto-extract the published PDF of a .dwg file. Currently it is embedded in and it isn't recognized by the lock step of packages so we work around it by doing a batch plot outside the system, upload the created PDFs and then use those in the packages.