1. Family table management in Windchill/PDMlink - needs vast improvement
2. Better control on import of foreign data, removing unnecessary layers, etc.
3. Better integration between the CAD software and the OS, particularly with configuration files, especially mapkeys.
1> Analysis: Include ECAD parameter "ECAD_REF_DES" to Global Interference/Clearance Check results.
1. Feature recognition for Creo.
2. Making maintenance agreements affordable (that would be an amazing "improvement")
3. Making more modules available at a reduced price.
It is easy to look busy with Creo. It takes about twice as many button presses, moving the cursor willy nilly compared to my other main 3D CAD experience SolidWorks.
It would be really interesting to do a work heat map to measure this, and find a way to reduce the amount of unnecessary clicks and moves.
In fact, I would go so far as suggest having someone from Apple to come and help make the whole package a lot more user friendly (this relates to the second question).
1) Creo View & WVS. If a Creo model is created using texture mapping for color, example; modeling decals & nameplates, WVS does not produce a viewable file that accurately represents the model. The textures are omitted in the Creo View files.
2) Creo Illustrate. Each Illustrate file uses a Standard that gets embedded. If one has business need to edit the standard then a new illustrate file has to be created because the existing file can not be modified to adopt the revised standard.
3) We need a reliable, affordable, functional 2D drafting application. CoCreate had decent 2D drawing. What happened to it?
1. Better Drafting interface. Why does CREO force a Designer to add Drafting entities (i.e. sections) in the Assemblies?
2. Better Wiring and Cabling product. It is time consuming to create a Wire or Cable from the "From" location to the "To" location and then go back and modify the Wire or Cable to add internal locations. I know we can use a network but there are times when a network is not effecient. It would be nice if CREO allowed a Designer to pick the "From" location and then select the Wire or Cable path by selecting points, clamps, or axis and then select the "TO" location.
1) When selecting a library to place in an assembly, a description field should be visible. When selecting an instance from the library, a description field should be visible. A good example of this appears when a material is being chosen from the material library. There is a description to ensure the user selects the correct .mtl file.
2) Improved functionality when working in a multi-cad environment. (especially the use of SolidWorks and Inventor models)
3) Model checking ability to ensure quality and consistent Creo Models and Drawings.