cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the top 3 CAD product improvements that would most impact your business?

Re: What are the top 3 CAD product improvements that would most impact your business?

1. Family table management in Windchill/PDMlink - needs vast improvement

2. Better control on import of foreign data, removing unnecessary layers, etc.

3. Better integration between the CAD software and the OS, particularly with configuration files, especially mapkeys.

Re: What are the top 3 CAD product improvements that would most impact your business?

1> Analysis: Include ECAD parameter "ECAD_REF_DES" to Global Interference/Clearance Check results.

1.  Feature recognition for Creo. 

2.  Making maintenance agreements affordable (that would be an amazing "improvement")

3.  Making more modules available at a reduced price. 

Make cabling workflows less dependent on library setup

Drawing support inside design exploration extension

Automate assembly procedure definition

Support ap242 assemblies

It is easy to look busy with Creo. It takes about twice as many button presses, moving the cursor willy nilly compared to my other main 3D CAD experience SolidWorks.

It would be really interesting to do a work heat map to measure this, and find a way to reduce the amount of unnecessary clicks and moves.

In fact, I would go so far as suggest having someone from Apple to come and help make the whole package a lot more user friendly (this relates to the second question).

1) Creo View & WVS. If a Creo model is created using texture mapping for color, example; modeling decals & nameplates, WVS does not produce a viewable file that accurately represents the model. The textures are omitted in the Creo View files.

2) Creo Illustrate. Each Illustrate file uses a Standard that gets embedded. If one has business need to edit the standard then a new illustrate file has to be created because the existing file can not be modified to adopt the revised standard.

3) We need a reliable, affordable, functional 2D drafting application. CoCreate had decent 2D drawing. What happened to it?

1. Sketches that auto-embed and can be unembedded/shared so I don't have to teach why you shouldn't draw like every other 3d package.
  2. Holes that are as good and better than the low end competition
    1. All the standards that have been around forever.  (SolidWorks/Inventor)
    2. Representation of the thread in 3D when you can't see the cosmetic.  (SolidWorks/Inventor)
    3. The ability to make them solid to be used for a body extraction/building. (Better than)
  3. Viewports to use the MBD models.  As I put in the pain points, I see MBD as the future and I could convince people to go that way if they didn't have to do their work in both MBD and then repeat the work in drawing mode because there is no true bi-directional link.  Heck, if it used 3D windows into the model maybe a drawing would load as fast as the model instead of taking 10x longer to load.  Kill two birds with one stone.
  4. I'm adding a forth as PTC often misses the little things and there have been several usability posts.  Make mechanism work like basic constraints so I don't need to teach a foreign environment to make something move.  We don't do motion often and we do it less than we should because no one understands how to use mechanism.  Nor should they need to know it if they don't need a true simulation at that point in time.  This is the only package I can't create a three bar linkage without trickery (yes rigid without motion) or a 4 bar linkage (without knowledge of the foreign mechanism environment).  It's just a bunch of coincidences.  Our users should not need to be simulation experts to visually validate how basic motion works.

1. Better Drafting interface.  Why does CREO force a Designer to add Drafting entities (i.e. sections) in the Assemblies? 

2. Better Wiring and Cabling product.  It is time consuming to create a Wire or Cable from the "From"  location to the "To" location and then go back and modify the Wire or Cable to add internal locations.  I know we can use a network but there are times when a network is not effecient.  It would be nice if CREO allowed a Designer to pick the "From" location and then select the Wire or Cable path by selecting points, clamps, or axis and then select the "TO" location.

1) When selecting a library to place in an assembly, a description field should be visible. When selecting an instance from the library, a description field should be visible. A good example of this appears when a material is being chosen from the material library. There is a description to ensure the user selects the correct .mtl file.

2) Improved functionality when working in a multi-cad environment. (especially the use of SolidWorks and Inventor models)

3) Model checking ability to ensure quality and consistent Creo Models and Drawings.

Announcements
Register Now!