cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your top 3 pain points regarding CAD?

Re: What are your top 3 pain points regarding CAD?

1. WindChill/PDMLink offline mode: This feature does not exist. Creo has this function but WindChill/PDMLink does not.
  2. Documentation - make it understandable and include the Config.pro explanation. The user community winds up explaining what should be in the guide.
  3. Family Tables with Windchill: I agree with BillRyan and zmiller, this needs to be looked into.

MathCAD Re: What are your top 3 pain points regarding CAD?

MathCAD

1. Document alignment controls not brought in to Prime

2. Conflict checks for variables not brought over to Prime

3. LACK OF RESPONSIVENESS to community needs for MathCAD

1. Inconsistency of Operation and UI/UX:  Routinely I find that CREO is applying a fresh layer of paint without stripping down the old one. The constant addition of UI without the updating of old UI is just leading to my users having to learn multiple menus, GUIs, and button click/pick sequences as they hop around common CAD operations. Pick one, roll it out in full, and then update the software.

1b. UI/UX: This should be practiced at any software development company. The layout, icon choices, menu discrepancies, button clicks, text editors, ... none of it is inline with industry best practice when it comes to user based design. e.g. what is even the point of the Symbol editor if you refuse to update its UI to match the big CREO updates? It still has Wildfire interface

2. Licensing:   Advertising the software as more advanced/feature filled then competitors only applies when you have all ..100?... licenses unlocked. Many features that competitors offer in their base you only offer with a bundled upgrade meant to squeeze cents out of the sale, and often leads to a big "No." from corporate - despite being the better software (albeit with poor UI/UX), your salesforce is making many users flee and flock to your competition. 

3. Error Messages / Feedback: The error messages given from any given failure to regenerate are often not worth the pixels they take up on the screen. They offer no insight into the issue at hand only server to let you know that you did something wrong - which is normally obvious with the fact that my model has red all over it or my feature didn't appear. If your error message isn't an explanation of the error or a helpful cross-reference error code - it shouldn't have had time wasted writing it.

Small thing, but one of things that irk me:

-I love using the Pattern references in hole note callouts to keep my notes parametric with minimal manual updating. Why doesn't this apply to Rounds? Although not a pattern the drawing will almost always have "2X" or more.. but this is still a manual and non-parametric text entry?

-

Highlighted

I am confused by your response.

Most of my concerns are about inconsistency of the user interface and user experience across the PTC Creo suite of software - creo direct is only one piece of that puzzle. 

Unless you are referring to the ability in Creo Direct Drafting to call out parametric round #s ... which is then just furthering the point of inconsistency across the suite of software. 

All the same, thank you for the tip.

Somehow my response to an earlier post was attached to your post NOT the one I was responding to. 

I totally agree about the useless error messages.

1) System administration

2) Using STEP files in assemblies

3) Finding STEP files for common components

1. creo throws directly from the program without specifying the cause of the error. Direct closure when creating assembly views in technical drawings.
2. It is necessary to memorize the order in which the commands are executed in Creo.
3. The command menus are not on the router. In the "skecth" environment, it does not place axes on features created with "circle".

1-integration between PDMlink and Creo: Some time it looks like develop by two different compagny, none consistency in Design workflow.

2-BIM is not at all adress by PTC.

3-Installation of evolution, no patch (if I have to re-install windows at each time they make a correction....)

Announcements
Register Now!