cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your top 3 pain points regarding CAD?

Re: What are your top 3 pain points regarding CAD?

1: The constant creation of new modeling packages (Foundation, Foundation Adv., Design 1, Design 2, etc.) and punishing 20+ year maintenance paying customer by not moving them to the newer basic or advanced package that they are paying PTC to develop. I have a myriad of basic and Advanced packages over the past 20 years and I was told they would upgrade them only if I switched to subscription. Why didn't these get switched up to the latest basic or advanced one the 8 times I upgraded releases.

2: Hole wizard content is a joke compared to Solidworks. So many missing standards that should be included with the functionality and not have to be configured by the users.

3: Materials library too is a joke compared to other CAD packages. Here are your 10 materials for your startup. My students are constantly criticizing the lack of options in Creo compared to Solidworks and Inventor. PTC needs to wake up and concentrate on the core functionality because the competition is gaining ground with ease of use and more core all-encompassing functionality. If users are not selecting your modeling package to design their product. They will not need your PLM, AR, and IOT no matter how good those may be compared to others.

Why does assemblies automatically select to any snap possible other than the obvious "coincident" which would be 90% of the snaps. This should be the default snap.

Why do centrelines only occasionally align to planes, rather than every time? I find I have a 50% alignment success and have to align the rest as coincident manually (yet more lost productivity - how to be busy without actually being productive).

@shunter-2 wrote:

PTC needs to wake up and concentrate on the core functionality because the competition is gaining ground with ease of use and more core all-encompassing functionality. If users are not selecting your modeling package to design their product. They will not need your PLM, AR, and IOT no matter how good those may be compared to others.

Exactly! No more to add... This is basis of all pain in CAD Creo.

1. MBD annotation functionality, and being able to take that work and transfer that work to a 2d drawing seamlessly

2. Family tables

3. load times for opening larger drawings and models.

Zachary Hopkins

@zhop26 -

We have some tools that help with family table management, and have helped
many customers with model performance and large assembly management. Some
simple Shoot me an email at Phil.Clukies@cadactive.com, we would love to
talk about how you can make this easier and more manageable for you.

Thanks!
Highlighted

Library Model Management

ModelCHECK

Drawing Format Management

1) Montaj da chamfer, radus gibi komutlar kullanılamıyor. (Eski sürümlerde vardı)

2) Creo ile çalışırken direkt atıyor. Kayıt etmeye veya sorunu çözmek için bir ekran gelmiyor.

3) yarım raduslerden oluşan bir kesitin eksen bilgisi teknik resime gelmiyor. Model üzerinde her yarım raduse eksen atadıktan sonra yapıyor.

1) Smoother/more stable interactions for MBD items on drawings till we get to Full MBD.

2) Better note editing, more word-like.

3) Table editing on a drawing or its lack of existence in model.

Totally agree with number 1 on your list.

I would also like to see the notes be easier to use instead of a "notepad" window open. 

Zachary Hopkins
Announcements
Register Now!