1, Easier Pro/Toolkit programming and training would be nice too. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything offered on this. You have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.
2. When you check out an instance in PDM force the user to check out generic. We have at least 2 weekly occurrences where users check out instances on the fly (inside Creo) but don't check out generic. The only way to get those changes checked in is to back up the file to your hard drive and do an undo check-out. I can be a nightmare.
3. fix this issue: global config.pro is saved into the users local config.pro when a mapkey is saved. I believe the user selects "changed all" instead of "changed". This has been a problem for years and hes been ignored. It was brought up at a PTC session at Live works. The conversation quickly turned to AR/VR. 🙂
Thanks for the response!
We are the rocket scientists you have been looking for! CadActive is a toolkit house committed to helping with customization of the Creo environment. We also provide Toolkit training. We also have some tools helping with Creo Administration i.e. config.pro and mapkey management.
Feel free to reach out to Phil.firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to talk more about this.
The WGM with AutoCAD adds a lot of extra steps for my designers, switching workspaces closes AutoCAD; however it doesn't give them the chance to save their work before closing, it just does it.
Why is there a difference between ProjectLink and PDMLink around promotion requests / routing? It would make things a lot simpler if the routing didn't create an individual tasks for each drawing while Promotion Requests creates one.
Since my team uses AutoCAD instead of Creo, I had to create a personalized training course but I am unable to upload the PDF (or PPT) into PTC University. I have already done the work of screen captures, formatting, and examples; I don't want to do it again.
1) Drawings: The 1st thing is how cumbersome drawings are to create. Secondly I don't understand why you can not build wireframe shapes independent of any model.
2) Sketching: The constraints work awfully with a complex sketch with many lines, arcs and curves. Modifying radii on angled lines will tilt the sketch. Adding additional entities makes awful assumptions when acclimated to sketch. It is very painful trying to get a needed constraint when the sketch says it is over constrained.
3) Terrible packaging: For the life of me I don't understand why you have to have an additional extensions for what should be core functionality. Example 1) Need Pro-mold for shrink. Example 2) Require BMX to place centroid points.
1) For Creo Parametric 4: Hiding a Layer also gray-out the items on that later in the Model tree, making them
difficult to read. This gray-out in the model tree has NO sense
2) Creating sketched features in a Large part ( lots of geometry) , takes double time in Creo (2, 3 & 4) compared
to Pro/E Wildfire
3) In Creo parametric, the need of pushing the CTRL key for measure distance and inserting 2D dimensions
is a software mistake ( this CTRL Key was not needed in Pro/E Wildfire 4)
interesting, I haven't encountered that large of a downtime, but it is probably cause we don't have 6000 holes in a varying pattern.
thanks for the response!!!
1. Quality - PTC should develop the custom Model check library where each company standards will be added and used for model and design quality check.
2. Productivity - PTC should provide custom library for all standard parts (commodity)which like bolt, nut, washer, clips, connectors, pipes, brackets. This library should be linked to any PLM tool for reuse. This will be company defined parts, and user defined features. we called it as Smart UDF, Smart UDP.
3. Time - repetitive actions should be reduced,