cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I ... ?

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

How do I ... ?

Good day everyone,

Along with our Welcome and How-To's I have loaded some Lithium documentation to help you get started and best utilize the Lithium platform.  Please click on your avatar in the top right of the header and select "Help" from the dropdown.

If you question is not answered there, please ask it here - when the link opens, click Start a Topic on the right to ask a new question. 

GetHelp.jpg

Best,

Toby

11 REPLIES 11

@Tmetcalf - Your "how to" link goes to the help forum and your "help" link goes to the how to area. Smiley Tongue

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Why is my screen name WE1 even for logged in members and how can I change that name?

I will update it, sorry.  Would you please PM the correct?

Thank you,

Toby

> I will update it, sorry.  Would you please PM the correct?

I'd like to be able to do that myself.

The usual behavior was that user not logged in saw "WE" and user which had logged in saw my real name, "Werner Exinger".

I am also missing any options to change  personal information like email address and also there is no option to delete the community account (without deleting the PTC account which is needed for managing licenses).

Just notice that the system wide spellcheck (which most people sure have customized by adding words, etc.) does not work in this comment box. Is there a way to turn it on? This built-in spellchecker which does not work live is ... lets say its not my taste.

Werner - 

1. I will look into what ppl see regarding logged in an not logged in.
  2. No option to delete the community account (without deleting the PTC account which is needed for managing licenses) - I wll investigate
  3. spellcheck in the comment box - it is not automatic: you need to click on the ABC with the checkmark - I will see if it can be automated.
  4. You may adjust privacy from your avatar dropdown: my settings - preferences - privacy.

Toby

Toby,

Ever after logging in, my profile screen name doesn't show my actual name -Manjunath RV.

Is there any setting that I need to change?

I don't see the earlier comments to my post that were made before migration for

Release number on the drawing

Hi @Tmetcalf

Just noticed your reply(comment) here. It slipped my attention last week as this is a blog and all replys are just comments which do not update the recent content widget (or whatever this is called now). Was the same in Jive.

So we learn its better not to have discussions in blogs (but I think "Communities Issues" was created only later).

I also cannot reply to a specific comment here and could only quote the original blog, so I have to do it manually.

> 1. I will look into what ppl see regarding logged in an not logged in.

Thanks. I am not really missing the feature of people not logged in see a different screen name. Logged in users saw a name (for most permanent users their real name) which we could chose freely and which was allowed to contain spaces as well. This is not the case here.

> 2. No option to delete the community account (without deleting the PTC account which is needed for managing licenses) - I wll investigate

Thanks! I think that you should be able to delete/close the forum account without affecting the PTC account.

> 3. spellcheck in the comment box - it is not automatic: you need to click on the ABC with the checkmark - I will see if it can be automated.

I don't think it can be automated (in check mode you can't edit and vice versa) but you could turn on the ability for users to train the spell checker (add new words, etc.). Nonetheless I would prefer to use the very same systemwide (Windows that is) spellchecker also in the edit window here. But I guess this will not be able unless the edit window is rewritten by Lithium to be less proprietary (maybe then we could also insert pics by pasting from the clipboard).

> 4. You may adjust privacy from your avatar dropdown: my settings - preferences - privacy.

Yes, I know. But I was talking about the ability to change the email address used in this forum (maybe for subscriptions). As it seems I can only change the mailaddress for my PTC account. I would like different mail addresses when it comes to manage licenses, etc (PTC account) and when it comes to participating in this forum.

Only option at the time seems to create a new PTC account and use that here in the forum and thats not satisfactory.

In short I guess the problem simply is that I don't like the marriage of the PTC account with the forum account.

Regards

Werner

On the spell check - HUGE step backward.  When the PTCUser forum was closed and we all moved to the Community, one big issue was that Jive prevented the built in spellchecker in Chrome and other browsers from working.  That eventually got fixed, now we're back to non-functional spell check.

The built in spell check is slow and lacks the ability to learn new words.  So, Creo, PTCUser, Thingworks and Servigistics all not recognized and you can't add them.  We really need the built in browser spell check enabled.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Iam uable to login to the community in IE9. throws the below error when i hit the login button:

Iam posting this comment using Firefox which is not authorised in our company.

JBWEB000065: HTTP Status 500 - lithium.user.sso.SSOException: Invalid login specified. Login cannot be empty or contain follow character:[C@cf567f6

JBWEB000309: type JBWEB000066: Exception report

JBWEB000068: message lithium.user.sso.SSOException: Invalid login specified. Login cannot be empty or contain follow character:[C@cf567f6

JBWEB000069: description JBWEB000145: The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

JBWEB000070: exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: lithium.user.sso.SSOException: Invalid login specified. Login cannot be empty or contain follow character:[C@cf567f6
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:848)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:777)
	org.apache.jsp.auth.ssl.sso.lithiumSSO_jsp._jspService(lithiumSSO_jsp.java:125)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:69)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:365)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:309)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:242)

JBWEB000071: root cause

lithium.user.sso.SSOException: Invalid login specified. Login cannot be empty or contain follow character:[C@cf567f6
	lithium.user.sso.LithiumSSOClient.getLithiumCookieValue(LithiumSSOClient.java:419)
	org.apache.jsp.auth.ssl.sso.lithiumSSO_jsp._jspService(lithiumSSO_jsp.java:101)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:69)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:365)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:309)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:242)

> The built in spell check is slow and lacks the ability to learn new words.

Fully agreed on!! Furthermore its not live, on he fly. I have to press a button, wait (far too long) and when I see a red word flagged as I missed a letter, I can't just add the missing letter as in spellcheckmode I can't edit. Often enough the correct word isn't suggested, so I have to leave spellcheck, add the letter and click on spellcheck againe (this time its a little bit faster). This is sure not what I am willing to do and so for the time being the community here will have to live with my typos (and I make a lot!). A big step backwards, indeed.

According learning new words - from what I have read this is a feature which Toby could turn on for us. But I don't want to use that uncomfortable spellchecker anyway.

>   We really need the built in browser spell check enabled.

I highly second that! I hope this will be possible tio enable. The edit windows looks like something non-standard, proprietary. This as I guess will also be the reason why we can't simply insert pictures via copy and paste. I fear that only future Lithium versions can (will they??) cure those problems 😞

Top Tags