Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Group?

Community Manager

Good day everyone,

I am sorry to write that Groups have not gone live.

Have no fear, Groups will return; I will be bringing them online post launch.

The PTC and Lithium teams have been working hard to ensure our new community is the best it can be.

I would rather delay the launch of Groups and ensure they match our collective expectations.

Please continue to ask questions and have discussions.

Best,

Toby

45 Comments
Sightseer

This is concerning to say the least...any idea when they will return?

Any suggestions how to communicate to a very active group about the changes, the delay, etc.  

For example, how do I even create an email to the entire group???

Thanks.

Sightseer

BTW what is a "spectator"?  Are there other roles we should be aware of?

Community Manager

I understand and agree about Groups - they are a priority and I am working hard to get them standing tall.  I will be updating the community as I have them.  Regarding ranks, the full list can be seen here.

Best and welcome to our new community.

Toby

Voyager

Why was the launch not postponed till you had the architecture/layout/menus/content migration solidified?

Not impressed with this trasition verses the transition from the old pro/users forum to the Pro/E communities Site was much better.  Where's the Simulate Group Content?  or do we have to search thru everything to find what we need?

Pro/e User since 1994 and will still be doing this for 20 more years.

Don Anderson

Spectator Rank

Community Manager

Hi Don,

Once the privacy issue is solved, groups will be listed within the Browse dropdown and be easy to find.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Toby

Searcher

How do we get support on issues with this? there was an invaluable reporting page:

https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/docs/DOC-6348

that I used all the time. Now, with the upgrade, that link states that I have insufficient rights to view it?

Adventurer

Is there still going to be a Creo Elements Direct group?

I have searched for previousy posted questions and it seems like they show up in Creo Additional Questions.

Thanks.

Mike

Voyager

Have the Groups returned?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Groups/ct-p/Groups

Or is this a remnant of the old groups?

> Have the Groups returned?

I don't think so as I guess nothing significant has changed since last friday.

There should be significantly more groups available and Toby promised that we woul have easy access to them via the "Browse" menu.

Guess we will have to wait for July 4th to go by.

Mover & Shaker
Where is System Administration????? The old emails had this link: https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2170... It goes nowhere now.
Community Champion

System Administraton is currently in Additional Creo Questions sub-level using the Label "System Administration"

At some point, you should be able to "subscribe" to the specific Label but that functionality hasn't happened as of this point.

We need a lot of patience at this point to wait out the issues that this transition has caused.

Mover & Shaker
We need a new Old Farts Guide to the PTC Community. It needs to be in a similar level of detail. And I'd like it if it covered more than I originally put into that document. I did a search on it in the community, and I found these two links to it which I'd denied access to: https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/docs/DOC-6702 https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/docs/DOC-6716 I do have a PDF of the original post on the PTCUser mail exploder.
Mover & Shaker
Also, is there a general how to for this site?????
Community Champion

To answer the question above, yes, groups have returned.  You can access them from the main page, right side.

Community Manager

Thank @TomUminn

@davehaigh I understand this is a large change - you can also see your Groups within your profile.

Best,

Toby

Mover & Shaker
Here's my problem. I want to subscribe to get emails for Community>Creo>Additional Creo Question>System Administration But in Prefs, when I look at Email Subscription Options, the only choices I see are: Delete Selected Subscription, Check All and Uncheck All. And it's subscribed me to everything I've posted to. I want to get an email for all the post that have the tag System Administration. That's the subscription I had in the previous system. I can't respond to folks If I don't see the question. I'm not going to go to the site to look for question, I need them to come to me and I'll filter them in my email program to go to a specific folder. So I see no way to subscribe to either a group, which System Administration isn't, it's a tag. Or to a tag, and I'm not sure I want to subscribe to a tag.
Mover & Shaker
Ok, I have a basic question. Rich Text ignores all the enter keys I hit. How do I get a new line in a posting?
Community Champion

@davehaigh, as a partial workaround for now you can subscribe to everything under "Additional Creo Questions".  At least this way you will see ALL the messages.  Unfortunately the label "System Administration" does not appear anywhere on the post or on the email message, so there is no way to filter/sort by it right now.

P.S.  I sure wish we could reply directly to a particular comment/post.  Smiley Frustrated

Mover & Shaker
So Tom, I don't even see how to subscribe to Additional Creo Question under my settings.
Mover & Shaker
Tom, I believe since this was started as an Article, instead of a Topic, is why you can't reply to specific posts. And also why we can't add any images. I'd love to be able to add an image to these posts. Still don't know how to get a line return to show up here when the format is set to Rich Text.
Community Manager

Hi @davehaigh -

You are right, about the rainfall of comments on a blog - I am working with Lithium to see if this can change or if using an at-mention is the only work around.  Yes, the at-mention will allow the person you are responding to know they have a direct question to respond to, but what is the best way to make the flow easy for observers to follow.

Best,

Toby

Adventurer

@TomUminn
"To answer the question above, yes, groups have returned. You can access them from the main page, right side."

Maybe my eyes have gotten worse, I still don't see a Creo Elements/Direct group.

Even with my glasses on, it's hard to read the green text (btw, I'm color blind). Why can't the text have a higher contrast or bolder font?

Thanks.

Mike

Mover & Shaker
Since there is no method to subscribe to just the one tag under Community >Creo >Additional Creo Questions. I like to see System Administration changed from a tag to it's own category, or whatever it's called, under the Creo branch. It should be a category that a person can subscribe to. "Additional Creo Questions" is just a dumping ground for anything folks want to place there. Having to sort through a bunch of unrelated junk isn't efficient. Additional categories should be free, and will make the system easier for those of us that are primary interested in this area.
Community Manager

" I like to see System Administration changed from a tag to it's own category"

I can do this @davehaigh - and content can be moved there.

Is this helpful to everyone?

Mover & Shaker
It will for me, assuming someone can show me how to subscribe to that level. I still can't figure that out. The only thing I see when I go to my settings, subscriptions & notifications, under the pull down email subscription options, is delete selected subscriptions, and check all, & uncheck all.