Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/1 Weekend Maintenance

Re: s l o w

Jaime,

after weekend maintenance login to support.ptc.com takes 2 minutes 15 seconds. Please can you forward this "message" to appropriate PTC department ?

Martin Hanák

@Jaime_Lee, login today - 2 minutes and 8 seconds.

Same here, 2:12.  That is faster than it was a week ago, but still far too slow.

--
Doug Schaefer | Director of Design and Engineering
Concept Engineering

@TomU @dgschaefer

Are you referring to login at community.ptc.com or support.ptc.com ?

I was coming in from the community, but don't they both use the same login?

--
Concept Engineering
Highlighted

Logging into the community redirects to support.ptc.com and then back to community.ptc.com.  The hang is on the support.ptc.com page.

Like Doug said, they're one in the same.  Normally I log into the community first so I'm automatically logged into support as well.  Doing some more testing, the delay is the same.  It doesn't matter if I start from the community or I start at support, the delay is identical.  I've also confirmed that the delay is not browser specific.  I can reproduce it with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Re: 12/1 Weekend Maintenance

Actually I post on the S L O W post because I thought maybe something was hung up in the maintenance  done over the weekend and was causing the issue to re-occur after the weekend.

Re: 12/1 Weekend Maintenance

@dgschaefer wrote:

I was coming in from the community, but don't they both use the same login?

So, I logged out of the community and then clicked login to check the address of the login page.  I was logged back in immediately, automatically. 

So I clicked log out again and went to the support page (support.ptc.com) and when it loaded I was already logged in.  I logged out again and was presented with a different log in page.  That login worked fine, but considering how logging out didn't seem to actually log me out, I can't say for certain that it's working correctly.

Returning to the community it showed me as logged out.  Clicking log in resulted in being immediately and automatically logged in.

Not sure if any of that helps the slow login issue, but I thought I'd report my findings.

(Separate from the slow login issue, personally when I click log out I should be logged out and have to re-enter my credentials to get back in.)

--
Concept Engineering
Announcements

Upcoming Regional User Group Meetings and Demos
(CREO, PLM, and IoT and Augmented Reality Topics)
Click the banner below for more details.