cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

12/1 Weekend Maintenance

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

12/1 Weekend Maintenance

Problem seemed to be solved for a while but quite now it again took minutes to log in

36 REPLIES 36
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

@Werner_E  I apologize for the inconvenience.  We appreciate the community members flagging and detailing the issues they are having here.  I already have a request in for the redirect with the eSupport team.  That was a really good idea @TomU    We are working on better response/resolution times.  Thank you for your patience.

I didn't want to sound too harsh and it certainly was not meant personally.

But I had to watch PTC destroy quite a number of things I liked.

There was a highly frequented forum for asking and collaboration named the Mathcad collab. It was famous for a quick fluid workflow and a clear layout. When PTC migrated this forum to its Jive-Forum, this collab was severely broken. Attachments were discarded, links from one post to another were not adjusted, etc. This made the collab rather useless - at least its function as a database and reference was destroyed. Then we experienced the migration from Jive to Lithium which was done equally careless and unprofessional. Postings got lost, the freshly built up rudimentary reference (the document posts) got lost or was converted to normal postings which can hardly be found and referenced. And the structure, which was at least partially took over to Jive was broken completely. Just look at thos labels! The Mathcad section now is just a pile of ....

Same story with the software I and a lot of other users and contributors here loved to use - Mathcad. PTC has effectively proven over the last 12 years that they are not able or not willing to further develop this software. The "new" Prime is just a bad joke. Promised to live up to Mathcad 14/15 with version 3 we now have version 5 and its clear to most users that it never will contain the features MC14 had 12 years ago. So PTC has effectively broken a highly ingenious and precious piece of software and forced its users to turn away and look for alternatives elsewhere.

Personally I don't care if all this was done because of sloppiness, inability, unwillingness or the dictate of accounting/economic department. What counts is that it was done!

This said I hope you can understand that I may react a bit sensible when I come across yet another proof of PTCs inability/unprofessionalism.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Logging into the community redirects to support.ptc.com and then back to community.ptc.com.  The hang is on the support.ptc.com page.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Jaime_Lee)

If I open a link from the email notices and then try to login, it times out.

If I open ptc.com and then open esupport, I can login fine. Once I am in, I can open messages from my email.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Actually I post on the S L O W post because I thought maybe something was hung up in the maintenance  done over the weekend and was causing the issue to re-occur after the weekend.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Werner_E)

Like Doug said, they're one in the same.  Normally I log into the community first so I'm automatically logged into support as well.  Doing some more testing, the delay is the same.  It doesn't matter if I start from the community or I start at support, the delay is identical.  I've also confirmed that the delay is not browser specific.  I can reproduce it with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Top Tags