cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Adding/removing attachments to discussion reply

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Adding/removing attachments to discussion reply

@Jaime_Lee,

I have two complaints 🙂

1.]

When I reply to discussion, it is not possible to attach more than 1 file. I have to attach 1-st file, Post reply, Edit reply, attach 2-nd file, and so on.

2.]

When I attach wrong file to my reply, I cannot remove it. I have to Post reply, Edit reply, remove attached file.

Please implement better attachments management.

Best regards

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
4 REPLIES 4

Hi MartinHanak,

Thank you for the feedback. 

When attaching files, are you use ctrl-click to select more than one file or attempting to insert files one at a time? I would definitely do the former if possible. You are correct in that it does not look like there is a way to submit more than one file at a time without holding down ctrl and clicking each file.

When you change your mind about uploading a file, you can click "choose files" again, and then "cancel". This removes any files you currently have attached.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issue. Thanks,!

PTCModerator

Hi,

unfortunatelly your workarounds are cumbersome and I do no like them.

Please ask Lithium to modify Reply user interface to the form known from previous Jive environment. It must be easy to add additional buttons (Add attachment and Remove attachment) into Reply user interface.

Martin Hanák

What if the files are in multiple directories?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

TEST

Top Tags