cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Parametric Ideas and More Creo Ideas

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Creo Parametric Ideas and More Creo Ideas

When I click on the "announcement"  that shows MORE CREO IDEAS, it takes me to the top level Creo Ideas catergory (Community > Creo Ideas), but that is a category (not an place to post). The only board under that is Creo Parametric Ideas. 

There is no place to post ideas for anything other than Creo Parametric (with respect to the product line known as Creo, ie Creo View, Creo Simulation, Creo Elements Direct).

I think the board for the "other" Creo products is missing in action.

Taking this one step further, a board called MORE CREO IDEAS, as a catch-all is just bad. Doesn't mean anything to anybody and is just not helpful to the end user or the internal PTC product managers, might as well name it "the trash bin no one ever looks at", sorry, that's a little harsh, but that sure is my perception. Those other programs that are using the Creo name but aren't Creo Parametric are just...

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Someone just posted their Creo Elements Direct Idea in the Creo Parametric Ideas.

Clearly it is their mistake, right???

Well, If you select Creo Idea in the announcements link, it take you to Creo Ideas, but there is only a place for Creo Parametric Ideas and nothing else. 

Maybe pictures will help... @Jaime_Lee

link-broken.jpgno-more-creo-ideas.jpg

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

@StephenW

Great catch!  The two Creo boards are now visible on the Creo Category Page.  With the description of what that board is for. 

creoideascategorypage.jpg

We have a very small area for copy on the side rail banner.  The Creo product offerings at PTC are rather vast. "More Creo Ideas" just delineates these are not Parametric. AND, there are product managers that are reviewing these "other Creo" ideas also.  We are always refining our community experience so if anyone has suggestions for a two to three word phrase that describes "More Creo Ideas" I am open to change the banner 🙂 

Always feel free to <Notify Moderator> to move a post back to the correct board.  Thank you for keeping the community neat and organized!

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jaime_Lee)

"More" just communicates "more of the same", or "additional".  It doesn't communicate a distinction.  Maybe "Other Creo Products".

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

"Products Other Than Creo Parametric"   -   a little wordy, I know.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@Jaime_Lee,

The "More Creo Ideas" link is still showing up in some of the Creo Parametric boards.  The doesn't make any sense and causes confusion.  This link should only appear when in non-Creo parametric boards.

More Creo Ideas.png

"Creo Parametric Ideas" shouldn't show up anywhere inside the "Creo Elements/Direct" board or the "Addtl Creo Products board", and likewise, "More Creo Ideas" shouldn't appear anywhere inside the "Creo Parametric" boards.  They are completely different products.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

That is a good solution to "help" users not post in the incorrect location.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

This continues to be good feedback.  We are working on clearing up some confusion.  We just added a new Creo Elements/ Direct Idea Board.

Check it out!

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/New-Creo-Elements-Direct-Idea-Board/m-p/579567#M45

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Definitely a step in the right direction.

It is still a little confusing when you click CREO and it goes directly in to Creo Parametric. Thereby giving the illusion that Creo Parametric is the catchall for Creo.

For clarification, here is an image of what I am clicking on. That link is taking me directly in to Creo Parametric.

creo-creo-parametric.jpg

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Yes, @StephenW  This is the "Top Communities" section.  For our purposes, I am highlighting the "top forums discussion boards" which in this case would include Creo Parametric of the Creo suite of products.  From here (at this time), people can branch out to the other Creo Discussion boards and they can always use the main menu.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

This continues to be good feedback.  We are working on clearing up some confusion.  We just added a new Creo Elements/ Direct Idea Board.

Check it out!

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/New-Creo-Elements-Direct-Idea-Board/m-p/579567#M45

Top Tags