cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Data breach

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Data breach

Did anyone else get this when they logged into this site?

STEVEG_0-1588277611690.png

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

I get it too. It's Google Chrome's way to inform you that your userid/password has been compromised in a data breach. If you re-use your userid/password in on other sites, you will get the same warning. It's not necessarily connected to PTC, just your userid/password. 

I should change it on here, I just haven't.

Thanks @StephenW for your helpful response.

PTC's InfoSEC team has researched this issue today and noted nothing of concern for our sites.
Passwords are not stored anywhere on PTC’s systems of record in clear text, and all machine-to-machine communication on our websites is encrypted with SSL.

While this message from Google's Password Protection does not imply a breach at PTC, it is likely that the user / password combination you are using matches one that has been compromised elsewhere. As such, we strongly recommend that you update your password for PTC and other sites where you use the same. Passwords can be reset in Account Management. See also Article CS49188 for further help on password updates.

Top Tags