cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Display time in 24h notation

HamsterNL
18-Opal

Display time in 24h notation

How can I display the time in the 24h notation?

I don't want to use AM/PM.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi HamsterNL,

All settings regarding the display of time and dates in the community can be found by clicking your avatar at the top of the community page, and navigating to "My Settings". Within My Settings, you want to click Preferences, then Display.

At this time there is no option to switch to a 24 hour clock.  The options available are using relative dates versus absolute dates:

I hope this helps!

PTCModerator

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PTCModerator)

Any chance this will be changed?  While several English speaking countries use the 12 hour format, the vast majority of countries in the world do not.  This particular limitation is probably just an oversight by the developers based on their home location.  It would be good to at least provide the option to use either format.

@PTCModerator wrote:

I hope this helps!

PTCModerator

No, that doesn't help at all.

We need 24h notation, like 80% of the world uses 24h notation. Please fix this ASAP.

+1

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:HamsterNL)

This is a Lithium limitation so PTC can only lobby them to change their software.

You have got to be kidding me...

Smiley Sad

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

And PTC went with Lithium why exactly???

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:STEVEG)

You're not the first to ask... Still waiting for the answer.

Luc

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi @LucMeekes @HamsterNL

I checked the Lithium enhancement portal and I don't see any ideas listed.  As your community mgr, I am happy to put in the request.  So my understanding is that instead of 2 hours ago or 3 weeks ago...etc (far left)  you would like to see the time stamp of when the post was made?   And, you would like it in military time?  1:00PM = 13:00.

Please advise if this is what you are asking for and I will submit!  JL

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Yes, this is what we're asking for: 24h time is when 1PM=13:00. So the clock runs from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59, but I don't really need the seconds, so running from 00:00 to 23:59 will do fine.

Success!

Luc

Yes, militairy time (USA) 🙂

For those who are using Chrome as their browser...this plugin might help: AM/PM -> 24h format everywhere

I highly second the improvement suggestion to enable 24hr (US military) mode!

Maybe even make it the default

Its hard to believe that Lithium does not offer this out of the box

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:Werner_E)

Not the default please.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG wrote:

Not the default please.

Personally I would prefer the 24 hour display as default so it would also be used when I am browsing the forum without being logged in.

Furthermore I think that it is more suitable for a company that operates internationally.

But I guess that each one of us can live with any default setting as long as we are given the option to change it.

Top Tags