cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how the "Level" thing works on your user profile?

Re: Does anyone know how the "Level" thing works on your user profile?

Makes me think of the Dr. Seuss book about "The Star Belly Sneetches"

The level numbering is fine and I don't really pay much attention to it.

If the question is a simple answer that could have been answered if the person had just read the manual or help files AND they are low level (less than 3), I may give them an answer like 'Go read the manual".

For the most part the numbers tell someone else how much experience the person asking or answering the question has and that is all it should indicate.

Learning from others, no matter what their level, is what makes the community work.

LOL  Funny you should mention that, Dale, I just visited my fave art gallery here (so far - all the "southwest" stuff bores me), which features.....Dr. Seuss.  The website doesn't show it, but there's a TON of Dr. Seuss stuff there, even some really cool sculptures.  Turns out he's quite an artist!

http://www.chuckjones.com/shopchuckjones/index.php/shop/artists/dr-seuss/

Interesting that it is a Chuck Jones (Warner Brothers Shorts) websites and not Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss).

Yeah, from having been in there a few times, it's split about 50/50 between Jones's work and Dr. Seuss's.  Pretty cool gallery, truly a place for kids of all ages!

Chuck Jones used to sponsor a FA/5000 race car back in the early 1970's. Competed against The Smother's Brothers Racing team.

Dick Smothers used to drive a Formula B car while they hired a driver for their Formula A/5000 car.

Hi, we have a private group talking about ranking and badging on the community if anyone wants to contribute to the conversation.  Private because we would like an element of surprise and delight for the majority of our community members 🙂

Nice!  Funny how so many famous people enjoy racing, and you'd never know it unless you really followed it.  Steve McQueen and his actor friends raced under false names to avoid hassle from the movie studios.