cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to edit/update blog entry

VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot

How to edit/update blog entry

Hello,

Id like to edit my blog, but I cant anymore.

How can I achieve this?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Blog/Integrity-LM-Administration-Configuration-Reports/ba-p/448669

About 2 months ago I was able to do that!

Volker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, Jaime.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

So earlier you were able to access the "Edit" button? It seems that now it has disappeared in all users blogs.

Yes   ;(

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi, blog activity is "frozen" right now while we working on "fixing" the community.  There will be more information about blogs soon.  Thank you for your patience.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/PTC-Community-New-Layout-and-Content-Move/m-p/492395#M9

Thank you, Jaime.

Now, two months later it is still not possible to edit blog posts ...

I want/should update the attachment of my post Notepad++ User Defined Language files, but can't do this!

It's even not possible to add a new comment with attachment.

Thank you for destroying the Community platform - I'm really hopping mad! Smiley Mad

@DomenicLaritz

According to this announcement:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/Community-Layout-Changes/td-p/494457

5.  We will no longer have blogs on the community.  All current blog content will be collapsed into the appropriate Discussions board.  We will, however, have "Product Tips" boards where employees from PTC can provide helpful, regular FAQs. This is where we will feature community member generated FAQs as well.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

@DomenicLaritz

Hi, we are working on "best practices" in community which means that there is a 24 hour time limit put in place for the extent of how long one is able to edit a post.  However, we know there are circumstances when a user needs to update their document like in the case of FAQs.

Please use "Notify Moderator" when you need to make an edit to a post over 24 hours.  We are moving all the "Blogs" to "Tips" boards and we will be highlighting  top community member content also on these boards.  Thank you for your patience while we work on improving our community!moderation1.jpgmoderation2.jpg

@Jaime_Lee

More than 24 hours ago I used the "Notify Moderator" functioality and requested to enable the edit mode, but nobody answered yet?! Smiley Mad

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:DomenicLaritz)

Hi!  I checked with the moderator.  It was expected that you  were going to provide the content that you wanted to edit on the post in the notify moderator window so the moderator could make the edit for you since it was past 24 hours from the initial post. Please check your PMs for contact details.

Hi @Jaime_Lee,

no, I just requested to give me the right to edit my original post for another 24 hours. This is what I understood.

Adding an attachment in the "Notify Moderator" functionality is not possible, as far as I could see.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:DomenicLaritz)

Following up on this @DomenicLaritz  and I met a couple months ago to upload the edited content.

Hi Jaime Lee,

I am facing again the issue with the missing images.

1. I created a new Tip entry.

2. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Integrity-Tips/Integrity-LM-Best-Practices/m-p/556086#M65

3. I added 2 images

4. As soon as I want to update the tip, the images are not visible

I cant see them, therefore I am not sure if there are any anymore at all.

How can we make images visible in the editor?

Hi Volker,

Thanks for surfacing this. This appears to be a current bug in the platform and has been reported. We will provide updates on this as we have them.

Thanks,

PTCModerator

Top Tags