cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Khoros Bug? Replies are not attached to the intended post.

LndoVnBtchmrk
10-Marble

Khoros Bug? Replies are not attached to the intended post.

I've seen this twice in as many days.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Extrude-from-two-perpendicular-sketches/m-p/657597#M33884

In this post, I replied to the OP's reply to me.  When I posted my reply, it was attached to someone else's reply unrelated to what OP and I were discussing.  I tried to edit my reply and the editor said it was in reply to the OP which is what I intended.  Indeed, my reply says at the top "in response to nsgoldberg".

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/CREO-6-0-LATTICE-ERROR/td-p/657801

In this post, the OP replied to my reply.  Except his reply was attached to someone else's reply.  I don't think he mistakenly replied to the wrong person because it says right at the top of his post "in response to arames".

This is like when PTC scrambled the entire GD forum by repeatedly changing the software it ran on (3+ times now?).  Many comments in older posts are now out-of-order, discussions/threads can't be followed, and PTC never fixed it.  And it appears like the same thing is happening with new content.

I just came back to the forum after a 2 year break after the last time it was "upgraded".  This makes me want to not contribute again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I am logged out of the forum, I see it the way you are describing (which is, like you say, completely wrong and, it either needs to be by date or properly threaded with the replies attached to the correct post)

When I log in, I see it as you are saying it should be displayed. (see screen shot)

I remember when we rolled to this forum, it was displaying oddly so I found my preference settings and was able to fix it.

Click on your avatar (yours is set to a gear), My Settings, Preferences, Linear layout. I have mine set to Threaded (see screen shot).  Looks like default is "oldest first" but that would never explain a reply being shown to the wrong person.

Just another mystery...

StephenWilliams_0-1585909715265.png

StephenWilliams_1-1585909995423.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

When I am logged out of the forum, I see it the way you are describing (which is, like you say, completely wrong and, it either needs to be by date or properly threaded with the replies attached to the correct post)

When I log in, I see it as you are saying it should be displayed. (see screen shot)

I remember when we rolled to this forum, it was displaying oddly so I found my preference settings and was able to fix it.

Click on your avatar (yours is set to a gear), My Settings, Preferences, Linear layout. I have mine set to Threaded (see screen shot).  Looks like default is "oldest first" but that would never explain a reply being shown to the wrong person.

Just another mystery...

StephenWilliams_0-1585909715265.png

StephenWilliams_1-1585909995423.png

I checked those posts logged-in and logged out with Chrome and Edge - same issue.

I changed that setting to threaded and that fixed the layout when I'm logged in.  But, anyone browsing the forum without being logged in will see scrambled replies.

Wow, I don't know why you would ever want replies placed out-of-context like that.  Have it as an option, fine, but don't set that as default behavior.

@Jaime_Lee, Can we have the default linear layout setting changed from Oldest First to Threaded?

I would definitely vote for that.

I could have sworn that at some time in the past, if you weren't logged in, if you looked it showed it in date order but FLAT (or linear) with no indenting. At least that display version didn't give the illusion of a post being a reply to another seemingly arbitrary post.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Hi, Thanks for calling this issue out.  I will take a look!

Hello everyone,

I have updated the default settings to display posts in a thread in threaded order, not oldest first. Thanks for the feedback here!

Thank you!

That looks better. 

Top Tags