cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

New Menu / Error message

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

New Menu / Error message

Love the new menu here on the forum (https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/New-Menu-Style-Coming-Soon-to-a-PTC-Community-Near-You/m-p/497259#M19).  We finally have a usable means of navigation.

Any chance we'll get a more logical order for the items in the menus?  Alphabetical would make sense, but if there's some other hierarchy that would be fine.  It's pretty random now.

Also, when I click on Get Help > Documentation I seem to get to the documentation page, but it shows and error at the top.  Not much info, just "an error has occured" 

Error page

I reported it to the link in the error message as well.

Also, it looks like there's a new dialog box for image uploads.  It flows off the bottom of the page with no means of scrolling.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
6 REPLIES 6

I would also vote for a not that flat hierarchy (less menu entries at first level) and especially for smaller entries. As I had already written in another thread - half the height would be more than enough!

According to the pop up when uploading/inserting pictures or videos. Thats really annoying an again a step backwards.

When inserting pics I can move that windows up enough to be able to see the insert button. But when inserting videos this is not possible anymore (the height of the pop up is too large) and I would have to play around with the browser zoom to be able to click the insert button.

It has taken a very long time until this first "improvement" on design was rolled out and I wonder if anybody at PTC has tested it. Not only on the 4K 30" screen but also on laptop display (I use a 4K but 15,6" and so experience those problems as well). The history of this forum change really is a series of highly unprofessional dilettantism and ignorance - sorry, but I am just judging from what I see and experience here.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

Hi, Menu....I have a big "remapping of content project" going on and a lot of the "Parent Categories" that are listed will go away. 

When that is complete for core "viewable" to everyone, you will see

PTC Community Information Center

PTC Mathcad

Creo Parametric

Creo Elements Direct

Creo General (for everything else Creo that does fit in the first two)

PLM (Windchill, Integrity, Arbortext boards...etc will be under here)

Performance Advisor

PTC Work Groups

PTC Advisory Boards

"Thingworx related "Parent Categories"

Then, the way the menu works is that anyone that has a special role to be part of "special groups" will have their categories thrown onto the menu.  The "more groups" you are part of, the longer your menu will be.

I really need this new mapping to be complete for me to decide if the parent category should be alphabetical versus most used...etc.

I know a work in progress. 

We appreciate your feedback!

The "insert image" functionality?  I have not requested any changes to the interface for that so nothing in that realm should be different.  Please test in different browsers.  I can submit to Lithium Case Portal as a bug if it isn't isolated to one user's machine.  TY!

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jaime_Lee)

The "insert image" functionality?  I have not requested any changes to the interface for that. There should be no changes.  Please test in different browsers.  I can submit to Lithium Case Portal as a bug if it isn't isolated to one user's machine.  TY!

Yes, this is very different.  There is a completely different interface now.  A small narrow pop up that extends below the bottom of the screen.  I believe others have already posted screenshots of this.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Did you intend to put something here???

Menu.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

It did change. The most annoying thing about it now is it doesn't fit in the existing browser window.

Unfortunately, I never saved a screenshot of the old version.

It's consistent within IE and Chrome, too long so you have to drag it around to see the bottom.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Case Portal request to Lithium submitted for the insert picture issue.  I will keep the community posted on resolution.

Top Tags