cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Product Idea Status?

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

Product Idea Status?

When viewing Product Ideas in the new platform, how do we know the status of the Idea? In the old platform we could see if it was open for voting, closed for voting, considered for implementation or implemented.

I found two posts in the Welcome & How-To's community, but I cannot reply or create a new Topic there. Neither Topic had a definitive response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:ScottMorris)

Hi, Scott, migration clean up has begun!  The Ideas functionality is being looked at.  We will have a new plan for ideas soon.  Thank you for yor patience.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/PTC-Community-New-Layout-and-Content-Move/m-p/492395#M9

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV

ScottMorris wrote:

When viewing Product Ideas in the new platform, how do we know the status of the Idea? In the old platform we could see if it was open for voting, closed for voting, considered for implementation or implemented.

This concern was raised as soon as the migration happened.  Not sure if the problem is Lithium itself or just how PTC has chosen to implement it. Other Lithium communities have found a way to show the status for each of their product ideas.

As far as the Welcome & How-To's community, the community managers recently locked it down so only they can post content there.  It's very annoying to not be able to respond to content they generate.  I think they're tyring to use it like an "official" guide, but the current approach (no collaboration allowed) seems contrary to how the rest of the community is built.  It probably would have been better if they had just started a new area instead, but I still think people should be able to respond to content, regardless of where it's located.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:TomU)

Hi, TomU,

The "Welcome How To's" should have been set up as an FAQ type of board.  I like the idea of starting a "new" board as well.  As you know, the re-architecture has to take top priority, but we will revisit this!  Thank you for your feedback!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:TomU)

Oh, yes, we CAN have statuses with the Lithium platform.  That feature was not invoked during migration.  On the list to be fixed. 

How do Product Ideas work? PTC Support recommended I create one, but I cannot find any information on how they are processed after they are submitted. Similarly, when I browse ideas, i cannot see any links on how to vote for them. Is it the thumbs up icon? Or do we reply? Is there a web page on PTC.com that outlines this?

Thank you,

Mark

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:mearnest)

Hi, these are great questions!  We are in the process of reorganizing community content including ideas.   There will be information posted soon about status of ideas and how ideas are processed by our product management team.    Yes, the thumbs up icon "works like a kudos."  For product enhancement roadmap discussions, kudos (or votes) are counted.  Replying is always recommended if you have something to contribute as to why you agree with the idea.  If this isn't really a "product enhancement" request but a "how do I use xyz,"  I would recommend posting in the discussion boards.

@mearnest wrote:

How do Product Ideas work? PTC Support recommended I create one, but I cannot find any information on how they are processed after they are submitted. Similarly, when I browse ideas, i cannot see any links on how to vote for them. Is it the thumbs up icon? Or do we reply? Is there a web page on PTC.com that outlines this?

Thank you,

Mark

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Hi, Scott, migration clean up has begun!  The Ideas functionality is being looked at.  We will have a new plan for ideas soon.  Thank you for yor patience.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Announcements/PTC-Community-New-Layout-and-Content-Move/m-p/492395#M9

Top Tags